Rank the teams in the Big Ten West Heading into Conference Season

He must read a specific defensive player and hand the ball off or pass it. What about Morgan prevents him from handing the ball off or passing?

What does a game changer look like in an RPO offense?
Yep, hand it off to a running back or pass, but he isn't causing any defender to care about him ever running. We lose an option.

He is saying RPO when he means read option
RPO has the option in it. Tanner reduces the option by one and makes it easier on the defense. It's not his fault. He's just not an elite athlete.

RPO has the option in it. Tanner reduces the option by one and makes it easier on the defense. It's not his fault. He's just not an elite athlete.
RPO means run pass option
It doesn’t mean QB run or pass option

You’re overusing the term RPO
I don’t disagree with what you’re arguing, I disagree with your use of the word RPO

Yep, hand it off to a running back or pass, but he isn't causing any defender to care about him ever running. We lose an option.
As some guy is trying to point out, it's a handoff pass option -- not a triple option (qb keep, handoff, pass)

I guess you would agree with my previous question posed to you that in your opinion the only "game changer" in your mind is a Lamar Jackson like athlete at the QB position

Morgan is sure a hot button issue. In 2019 he had the best season ever for a Gopher QB. In part of 2018, 2020, and 2021 he was average. He’s been good this year but has not been tested. If he plays well I think the Gophers win, if he can’t make some plays I think the Gophers will lose.

Personally I have watched him light up some good teams in 2019, and virtually be unable to do anything against inferior teams in other years. I really think how he plays will be the key to the Gophers season.

Morgan is sure a hot button issue. In 2019 he had the best season ever for a Gopher QB. In part of 2018, 2020, and 2021 he was average. He’s been good this year but has not been tested. If he plays well I think the Gophers win, if he can’t make some plays I think the Gophers will lose.

Personally I have watched him light up some good teams in 2019, and virtually be unable to do anything against inferior teams in other years. I really think how he plays will be the key to the Gophers season.
I agree in principal with what you are saying, but people put way too much on the play of the QB alone. So much of it comes down to the other 10 guys on offense along with the D and special teams. I get that QB is the most important position on the field but some act like it is the only position on the field sometimes.

I was there for 2019 and the loss. I just can’t put us above them until we beat them. As for Wisconsin it has more to do with us not being able to actually win the West. I know we SHOULD be the better team, I just want to see it to believe it.
I don't think this Iowa team is nowhere near any team in the last 15 years. It's certainly not on the offensive side!

Hence the reason why I called him the poor man's Kirk Cousins.

Top Bottom