Randy Shannon?

Berget13

Reaction score
Just fired by Miami, he seemed to be doing pretty good over the past 4 seasons...think its to late to throw him in the mix?

No thanks. If he can't win at Miami with all of there recruiting advantages, how would he win here?

Yea, don't think a fired coach who couldn't win with the best recruiting base imaginable would go over well here...

I find it ironic for Mr. Henderson who went to USC and got sanctioned, left to go to Miami and has his coach sacked. If he would have stayed home the same would have happened, maybe he is cursed!

I have to give Joe Schmit credit for suggesting that Shannon was available. At the time, I blasted the assumption he would come here. I still think it's more throwing stuff against the wall and seeing what sticks, but he was at least correct in that Shannon would be out there. Surprised they let him go, but I don't watch the Hurricanes enough to know what kind of gameday coach he is. (If he was behind the orange uniforms, that was enough to let him go.)

The worse part about Shannon being fired, The U needs a coach. If they pull Maturi choice out from him, how long will our search go on. Better said, will Miami end up with a better candidate than we do?

Amazing how fast one's career can change. One moment Shannon was a serious candidate for our HC position, now he is looking for a job with really no hope of landing a FBS HC position. Although I am sure he will land on his feet.

Top Bottom