Random

bailee88

Reaction score
I realize some of this has been discussed over and over on this forum but ….
We have not won at the U in over 40 years. We have changed coaches(Brew is not the problem) we have changed players. Something else is wrong. I honestly don’t know if it is a single issue or a combination of several issues but something is wrong.

We will be better and more athletic at every position next year except CB. After Carter I am not sure what to expect.

Why does Reusse hate Brewster so much? It is amazing how he is so obsessed with his hate for Brewster. His only readable columns are about amateur baseball.

How many scholarships do we have left for this class and who will fill them?

We would have won two more games if they had not messed with Wber's throwing motion.

Two things have changed since the Gophers last national title: Desegregation in the south, and the Vikings arrived. I say we change both back and see what happens to the Gophers*.

*Please note that since this board has no sense of humor or common sense, that this disclaimer is here to inform everyone who can read that I in no way am advocating racial segregation.

Two things have changed since the Gophers last national title: Desegregation in the south, and the Vikings arrived. I say we change both back and see what happens to the Gophers*.

*Please note that since this board has no sense of humor or common sense, that this disclaimer is here to inform everyone who can read that I in no way am advocating racial segregation.

GophBen I think you make a great point that a lot of Gopher fans don't quite get: When Minnesota was a dominant program, black kids couldn't play in the south. Brewster has done a good job recruiting for the U, but the days of being a dominant B10 team who yearly competes for B10/national titles are out the window. I just thnk the days of getting a Carl Eller are over. Which makes me believe that it takes a HC who is more than just a recruiter to win here. Time will tell though.

Don't forget two platoon football. It used to be 11 guys playing sixty minutes.

For as much that may have aided the last bout with greatness there are things that got in the way of challenging the status quo during our down years. Not that it explains the complete absence of great teams, but does help to explain why it was so tough to re-establish a winning program and why maybe that is changing. Two main things. The scholarship limits changed greatly, and the TV revenues/exposure changed dramatically. While in the past those things were clearly in favor of certain teams, now the playing field has leveled out. And it is why when Mason began here he truly had an impossible task recruiting here, and why at the end of his time here he didn't. So their is hope.

I think we will pull in four more recruits. I believe 26 is the full number this year. 25 + 3, less the two gray shirts. I could be one off.

You're probably right about Webers throwing motion, and consider what confidence would have done for him, maybe more.

Ruesse is a dick.

Top Bottom