Random uniform question

Yeah and my point was people who think the gophers could save the gymnastics program by having fewer helmet colors are out to lunch

Seriously. Those people need to get real with their happy meal asses.

Seriously. Those people need to get real with their happy meal asses.
Even The strib printed something about how maybe rather than cutting gymnastics they should cut football scholarships

It’s like...guys...if we cut football scholarships we get kicked out of the big ten and probably have to cut back to having a Dakota sized athletics department.

uni
Yeah also not a fan of the all-white...or the white Block M. Anthracite is below all-white for me. I do like some of the other combos but most are based on the more classic looks with a twist or two. Have always loved the MWG away look but have rarely seen it in the recent past.
Uniforms are like, women, beer, wine, pizza, trucks, etc..............Everyone has their own favorites.

It’s probably part of the contract that we signed with our apparel outfitter is my guess. I’m guessing we don’t receive a check and then send a check back to them. I’m guessing there is one exchange of money and the uniforms we get are part of negotiations.

Seems most efficient
Pretty sure all schools buy their equipment. Could those expenses be offset by uniform money, sure, but there are more than a few sponsorships that offset expenses.

Pretty sure all schools buy their equipment. Could those expenses be offset by uniform money, sure, but there are more than a few sponsorships that offset expenses.
In 2014 we got a 6 year deal with Nike for 2.3 million in gear per year (at least it was 2.3 in 2014)

Unless we are buying 2.31 million in football equipment...the helmets are a net gain not a net loss....no matter the payment method.

that was some quick research. I wonder if we are up for a new apparel deal? I have read nothing about it but in 2014 we did sign a 6 year Nike deal.

In 2014 we got a 6 year deal with Nike for 2.3 million in gear per year (at least it was 2.3 in 2014)

Unless we are buying 2.31 million in football equipment...the helmets are a net gain not a net loss....no matter the payment method.

that was some quick research. I wonder if we are up for a new apparel deal? I have read nothing about it but in 2014 we did sign a 6 year Nike deal.
I believe the deal covers all sports.

I believe the deal covers all sports.
You’re right it does. And the reason the deal is in place is because of men’s football, basketball, and hockey

So I guess I don’t understand what your point is

You’re right it does. And the reason the deal is in place is because of men’s football, basketball, and hockey

So I guess I don’t understand what your point is
That money is for all programs, so to use it as an offset for only football players equipment expenses is probably not how it's done.

That money is for all programs, so to use it as an offset for only football players equipment expenses is probably not how it's done.
No. But it definitely does offset the players equipment + other things

Top Bottom