Rand: Site ranks Jerry Kill + Tubby Smith in top half of Big Ten coaching duos

They have not watched any of our games the last month.

They must rate Kill quite high.

Boom Flipa Shaka!

Count me in as one who disagrees with everything everyone writes. :banghead:

They seem to be basing that on the assumption that it's hard to win here at all, which is questionable at best. Especially in basketball. When you consider that MN as a state is generally middle of the road for the quality of recruits (http://statsheet.com/bhsb/recruits_by_state ) , and there isn't any in-state competition for them (which isn't true of most other schools/states), we should be considered one of the easier places to win. Especially for a coach of Tubby's supposed quality.

They seem to be basing that on the assumption that it's hard to win here at all, which is questionable at best. Especially in basketball. When you consider that MN as a state is generally middle of the road for the quality of recruits (http://statsheet.com/bhsb/recruits_by_state ) , and there isn't any in-state competition for them (which isn't true of most other schools/states), we should be considered one of the easier places to win. Especially for a coach of Tubby's supposed quality.

If it's so easy to win here - why don't we? Everything you say is based on potential/conjecture and has no proven basis in reality.

If it's so easy to win here - why don't we? Everything you say is based on potential/conjecture and has no proven basis in reality.

We didn't win in the late 90s-early oughts because we were recovering from an academic scandal.
Before that, we did win.

After that...we have the talent to win (with ZERO in-state competition for it)

...we spend the money it takes to win

...and we have historic, nationally admired facilities (though we're currently lacking a practice facility)

...so I don't know, why DON'T we win? It's been well established why we haven't won lately in football, and a lot of it has to do with poor facilities, lack of institutional support, and a dearth of in-state talent. I don't argue that point at all. But we haven't won in basketball for 15+ years, without the aforementioned roadblocks. What do you think the next most likely reason is?

Top Bottom