Ralph is like Blaine Gabbert

Yes this is a place to discuss the Gophers, but when you NEVER say anything positive and after good games avoid the forum completely, you are a troll.
I have complimented Mav and Rodney after recent wins, but dissecting problems, offering possible solutions is a lot more interesting than just heaping praise. People need to stop confusing this forum with an "attaboy" forum.

What are your possible solutions, all you do is discuss how awful a coach Tubby is and how all of our players suck. I haven't seen any solutions from you, just trolling.

Solutions?

Force Ralph to watch video of his soft play.

Force players shooting under 65% from the FT line to shoot an extra 100 per night before leaving the gym after the others have departed.

Teach players to value the ball more...i.e. grasp the ball with 2 hands and use your body to keep opponents from easily poking it way.

Recruit a true shooter and not some Latvian U-19 phenom.

Hold Tubby and the coaching staff accountable for poor Big 10 play year after year. Let's face it, he hasn't really elevated the program where we all hoped and imagined.

Just because Tubby is a big name coach doesn't mean he should have a lifetime contract...there are plenty of younger, hungrier coaches out there getting better results...coaches who actually help players to evolve, grow and improve. I'm not seeing enough from Tubby. And I don't want to hear about 12-2...12-2 quickly becomes 16-15 when the Big Ten season wraps up...right back where we were last year...

Moses87 said:
Solutions?

Force players shooting under 65% from the FT line to shoot an extra 100 per night before leaving the gym after the others have departed.

Teach players to value the ball more...i.e. grasp the ball with 2 hands and use your body to keep opponents from easily poking it way.

Recruit a true shooter and not some Latvian U-19 phenom.

Hold Tubby and the coaching staff accountable for poor Big 10 play year after year. Let's face it, he hasn't really elevated the program where we all hoped and imagined.

Just because Tubby is a big name coach doesn't mean he should have a lifetime contract...there are plenty of younger, hungrier coaches out there getting better results...coaches who actually help players to evolve, grow and improve. I'm not seeing enough from Tubby. And I don't want to hear about 12-2...12-2 quickly becomes 16-15 when the Big Ten season wraps up...right back where we were last year...

What does the fact that oto is Latvian have to do with his shooting ability? Now tubby shouldn't just recruit shooters, but only of a nationality to your liking too?

What does the fact that oto is Latvian have to do with his shooting ability? Now tubby shouldn't just recruit shooters, but only of a nationality to your liking too?

Yeah, everybody knows Lithuania is where the Baltic talent lies...Tubby needs a geography lesson! :rolleyes:

Yeah, everybody knows Lithuania is where the Baltic talent lies...Tubby needs a geography lesson! :rolleyes:

Great answer. Did a nice job of ignoring the fact you discredit a player on the team you cheer for simply because he is a "Latvian U-19 phenom"

Hopefully Tubby takes notice and only recruits American players from now on ... Timberwolves should probably cut Rubio too, considering he is just some "Spanish phenom" and get a real PG like Smush Parker.

SMH

Solutions?

This is one of your best posts yet. I'm still laughing at the "grasp the ball with 2 hands" lesson our staff is overlooking. Why hasn't Tubby thought of these 4th grade level "solutions"? Truly you are a basketball mastermind. Your credibility is growing by the post.

Tell us again about Penn State and their better-than-Tubby head coach, their NCAA tournament win from last season, all of the returning talent they have this year, and why they will finish higher in the standings than the U.

This is one of your best posts yet. I'm still laughing at the "grasp the ball with 2 hands" lesson our staff is overlooking. Why hasn't Tubby thought of these 4th grade level "solutions"? Truly you are a basketball mastermind. Your credibility is growing by the post.

Tell us again about Penn State and their better-than-Tubby head coach, their NCAA tournament win from last season, all of the returning talent they have this year, and why they will finish higher in the standings than the U.

That's the point, Einstein...Our players can't even master 4th grade basics...At some point Tubby is responsible!!!

That's the point, Einstein...Our players can't even master 4th grade basics...At some point Tubby is responsible!!!

Maybe we should try throwing some 4th graders out there instead then, that have grasped these basics, and watch them go against a Big10 defense. Those little chippers would love the opportunity! Probably would go undefeated and have zero turnovers.

You need to hang around more black folks...and get a life...they don't all look alike bro!

And hey, while we're at it, let's no longer allow Eastern Europeans to play college basketball!

Pot_Meet_Kettle.jpg

You need to hang around more black folks...and get a life...they don't all look alike bro!

Who said that they do? It would take a complete moron to not acknowledge that they look very similar to each other.

Oh...wait...

As far as Oto is concerned, I feel somewhat the same as Moses87. Oto was billed as this great outside shooter. It was suggested that he would fill Hoffarber's role on the team.

Well, I'm waiting to see it. Yes, he's young, and adjusting to a new country, blah, blah, blah. He's also had an entire year to practice.

The crack about the "under-19 Latvian" team was not a knock on his nationality. It was a knock on Tubby for over-selling this kid when he recruited him. We were told this kid was some phenom, and I just don't see it. I watch a lot of HS basketball, and I think I can tell a natural shooter when I see one. I saw the Felt kid from NDSU play a number of games in HS, and he's a shooter. Oto - the jury is still out, but I don't see the same rhythmn and stroke on his shot.

Once again - being a fan of a team does not, in my opinion, mean blind loyalty. I want the Gophers to win, but I'm not going to ignore what I perceive as issues with the program, including the Coaching and Recruiting. Some people seem to think that if you question any element of the program, then you're not a "true" fan. Wrong - I consider myself an honest fan, who wants to see some results.

Having said all that, I still hope the Gophs come up with a win on Sunday. I suspect that after the Vikings game, I'm not going to be in a very good mood, so a Gopher Win would be nice.

I don't think Oto is shooting enough for us to be able to judge if he is a shooter. He's spending too much time in the post.

No one said EE and Oto would be one and done. No one said after their first B1G game they would lead us to the promised land. Patience or you are going to miss a great show in the next few years.

No one said EE and Oto would be one and done. No one said after their first B1G game they would lead us to the promised land. Patience or you are going to miss a great show in the next few years.

+1

Top Bottom