racist posts against incoming gopher recruits at scout.com

I didn't know Gopher fans used the scout.com message board.

Generally speaking, I try to avoid stereotypes, especially when it comes to athletes and their supposedly "thuggish" reputations. This is a situation that is ripe for all kinds of misunderstandings, and I have to agree that the cynic's views are a little over the top, considering none of Brewster's guys have had any problems with the law.

Is there a problem with athletes and the law on a national level? Yeah. But is there also a problem with crime on a national level regardless of athletics? Yeah. Do I think we as a society should try to curb these problems? Again, yeah. But I'm not willing to simply lump everybody into a certain category because they might look, speak and think differently from me.

Just my two cents :)

I think some people think that they can write whatever they want on their own private keyboards and I am sick and tired of all the racist and bigoted talk on the internet. For what it's worth, I think the yahoo financial boards are even worse.

Loon or whoever else it is needs to knock off that kind of offensive talk immediately. It's not appreciated and if it offends people, why say it at all. It really tells you a lot about some people though...

The Loon™ revels in posting this racist pap on the many boards he's visited. Take solace that he gets called on it when he writes this stuff. It's just another form of trolling, IMO.

After reading many of Eamon/Loon's posts all the way back to the GopherTalk days, I think he just has a problem with African-American kids. Hard not to conclude otherwise...

Some of you may also remember a poster who came over here and accused Marqueis Gray of being a thug basically because he was flagged for his ACT score and because of he didn't like the way Gray's friends looked. Another not-so-scientific assessment of one of Brewster's recruits without any shred of evidence to back it up.

It's sad that people like this are still out there, but, that's just the way it is. :(

Some of you may also remember a poster who came over here and accused Marqueis Gray of being a thug basically because he was flagged for his ACT score and because of he didn't like the way Gray's friends looked. Another not-so-scientific assessment of one of Brewster's recruits without any shred of evidence to back it up.

It's sad that people like this are still out there, but, that's just the way it is. :(

to be honest a large group of swedes & norwegians standing together on a street corner scares the heck out of me! they're crazy! :D

there is a point here

The point is that there are athletes being brought in to all programs that would not be accepted into school except for their prospective sport. This has no relation to the color of the athlete. This is not new and will never change. Many athletes enter with low achievments and have taken the opportunity given and done very well. Others have failed.
If you are going to be there bitching about the standards and then buy a ticket or watch the sport, you are a hypocrit, a loser and do not deserve an opinion on the subject. When possible, I encourage any of the athletes I meet and hope they do something with their fortunate opportunity and cheer for them at the game.

Top Bottom