Quick Question...

ZPI

Reaction score
So I just got home from one of the Dinkytown bars (Blarney), and I saw a certain gopher player who we all hope returns (among other current and former gopher players) there. I just was curious as to what the Gopherhole opinion was on the thought of saying hi/meeting gopher players was.

Specifically, I considered going up to him and telling him how much I enjoyed watching him play and how I hoped he would come back for his senior year.

Would he be flattered and have it possibly contribute to deciding to return? Would it annoy him and perhaps push him away from returning? Or would it do absolutely nothing at all? I feel like it would probably have absolutely no effect of him.

I ended up not saying anything to him. It was pretty crowded, and I didn't want to impose.

My question is should have I said something? Do you think that if a lot of people said how much they enjoyed watching him play and wished that he would return would have a positive effect on him returning for his senior year?

You have two options:

1. Buy him a drink
2. Mention what a fan you are

NEVER BOTH.

Sincerely,
The NCAA

So I just got home from one of the Dinkytown bars (Blarney), and I saw a certain gopher player who we all hope returns (among other current and former gopher players) there. I just was curious as to what the Gopherhole opinion was on the thought of saying hi/meeting gopher players was.

Specifically, I considered going up to him and telling him how much I enjoyed watching him play and how I hoped he would come back for his senior year.

Would he be flattered and have it possibly contribute to deciding to return? Would it annoy him and perhaps push him away from returning? Or would it do absolutely nothing at all? I feel like it would probably have absolutely no effect of him.

I ended up not saying anything to him. It was pretty crowded, and I didn't want to impose.

My question is should have I said something? Do you think that if a lot of people said how much they enjoyed watching him play and wished that he would return would have a positive effect on him returning for his senior year?

It appears you should have. Some positive feedback may have calmed him down. This is all your fault. Slacker. ;)

It appears you should have. Some positive feedback may have calmed him down. This is all your fault. Slacker. ;)

Haha yeah I just say GopherLady's post...holy crap!

Random fan to Bob Knight "I don't want to interrupt you, but.."
Bob Knight to fan "Well then you should come back when you do want to interrupt me"

Carry on..

How would you respond to this scenario:

Fan: "I don't mean to interrupt you, but..."

Player interrupts: "Then don't."

Top Bottom