Quick Post-Game Thoughts

patrick08

Reaction score
- I know you cannot blame everything that happened prior on the refs, but with the momentum we had at that point, that missed PI is one of the worst I have seen. Just awful. I know many other schools (MSU & Wisco) have been screwed this year too, but that doesn't make me feel better.

- Yes I am tired of moral victories too. I wasn't too upset after OSU and Iowa, but this one stings a little more as a diehard Gopher fan originally from Wisconsin. Still, we will always lose some games, and I am glad to at least be back at the point of losing rather than getting killed. Opposing fans now walk out sighing relief and shrugging their shoulders rather than laughing at us.

- I support the Claeys hire and you should too.

- Nobody thinks we deserve a bowl, but if we do get invited, of course we take it. Extra practices for redshirts and an extra game. Yes the general public doesn't care about 70% of the bowl games, but it's fun for the players and does help recruiting if we have a good showing.

- I still love the Gophers and am optimistic about next year. I know it sounds like a familiar song, but I know quite a few Hawkeye fans who are finding it laughable now that so many other "Hawks Fans" have come out of hiding. Winning changes everything and I hope to experience this next year. Keep in mind how they finished last year and what they were projected this year. Things do change.

They won TWO games since September 26 and that was coming after a 3 game winning streak against Colorado State(6-5), Kent State(3-9) and Ohio(8-4). They won each of those games by 3 points. Except for the Defense against Kent State they looked pretty bad in all those games.

Who thought that would be the peak of the season?

No, sorry. Can usually see a "silver lining" somewhere in a Gopher Football Season but this season has been just god-awful.

Give you credit though were credit is due patrick08, at least you're not blaming the first game of the season for the coaches to "screw the pooch" for nearly the entire 2nd Half of the schedule.

Let it just end now before it gets worse.

G
They won TWO games since September 26 and that was coming a 3 game winning streak against Colorado State(6-5), Kent State(3-9) and Ohio(8-4). They won each of those games by 3 points. Except for the Defense against Kent State they looked pretty bad in all those games.

Who thought that would be the peak of the season?

No, sorry. Can usually see a "silver lining" somewhere in a Gopher Football Season but this season has been just god-awful.

Give you credit though were credit is due patrick08, at least you're not blaming the first game of the season for the coaches to "screw the pooch" for nearly the entire 2nd Half of the schedule.

Let it just end now before it gets worse.

The season or the program? Either way I'm with you.

- I know you cannot blame everything that happened prior on the refs, but with the momentum we had at that point, that missed PI is one of the worst I have seen. Just awful. I know many other schools (MSU & Wisco) have been screwed this year too, but that doesn't make me feel better.

- Yes I am tired of moral victories too. I wasn't too upset after OSU and Iowa, but this one stings a little more as a diehard Gopher fan originally from Wisconsin. Still, we will always lose some games, and I am glad to at least be back at the point of losing rather than getting killed. Opposing fans now walk out sighing relief and shrugging their shoulders rather than laughing at us.

- I support the Claeys hire and you should too.

- Nobody thinks we deserve a bowl, but if we do get invited, of course we take it. Extra practices for redshirts and an extra game. Yes the general public doesn't care about 70% of the bowl games, but it's fun for the players and does help recruiting if we have a good showing.

- I still love the Gophers and am optimistic about next year. I know it sounds like a familiar song, but I know quite a few Hawkeye fans who are finding it laughable now that so many other "Hawks Fans" have come out of hiding. Winning changes everything and I hope to experience this next year. Keep in mind how they finished last year and what they were projected this year. Things do change.

Good post. Thanks.

How many fumbles on runs in his career? It seems high. Every time he runs I say hold onto it!

How many fumbles on runs in his career? It seems high. Every time he runs I say hold onto it!

Wish I could find that stat, couldn't find it anywhere. His fumble and Mayes fumble combined with waiting til halftime to adjust on defense was the ball game. Game was never fun to watch after Wisconsins first offensive possession. Worst game since Claey's took over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wish I could find that stat, couldn't find it anywhere. His fumble and Mayes fumble combined with waiting til halftime to adjust on defense was the ball game. Game was never fun to watch after Wisconsins first offensive possession. Worst game since Claey's took over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We said this exact same thing while walking out last night.

Top Bottom