Questions For Sunday's Sports Huddle

DL65

Reaction score
Coach Jerry Kill will be on 'CCOs Sports Huddle at 9:30 this coming Sunday morning. I'm sure much of the questioning by Sid and Dave will focus on yesterday's Signing Day.

If you have a question about recruiting, please submit it in this thread. Maybe Dave Mona will read our questions and ask one or two of them when questioning Coach Kill.

1) Have you filled this year's recruiting class? If not, how many more players do you plan to sign? PWOs?

2) When and how many Junior Day events are you planning to hold?

3) Is "over signing" primarily an SEC practice?

Go Gophers!!

I'd love to know how he is approaches excellent TE prospects like Gibson while already having a bevy of TEs from previous classes as well as having commitments from a couple of very highly thought of recruits for the current class. It seems that while Gaelin says he's willing to move around to help the team- all of this year's TEs feel they've been recruited to play that position. It has to be a marvelous sales job to attract Gibson with the logjam, but also I've got to believe that there has to be some honest discussion about the potential to move around in search of their best position.

What players that went to other Big Ten teams would he have loved to have been able to recruit and have had on our team and he thinks will be impact players in the Conference?

Which 2013 FR redshirts have been most impressive and may work themselves into the two deeps? Edwards, McGhee, Peppers, Wozniak, Carter, Laster???

During this period what is the report from Coach Klein on strength and conditioning?

How has the rise in social media/instant information changed recruiting? Is it harder to recruit when every visit and every offer gets posted on Twitter or a web site as soon as it happens?

And - does anyone on the Gopher staff try to track Twitter/facebook/the internet to see what kids are saying and what is being said about Gopher recruiting targets?

What is the most awkward or uncomfortable scene has he witnessed unfold in a recruits home?

What can coach Z do to get the QBs to play looser. He seems to get in their head and they think too much. I'm sure there is a better way to ask this.

When you watch player highlight videos on YouTube, how pumped to the production names and music tracks get you (e.g. Baller Swag Elite)? Like "off the hook" or just "a bit thumpin'"?

I just noticed that I am over 1,000 posts, yet I have added almost no value to the broader conversation or the good of GopherHole... You're welcome.

I just noticed that I am over 1,000 posts, yet I have added almost no value to the broader conversation or the good of GopherHole... You're welcome.

That makes you a better than average poster here. Congradulations! :clap:

If we run more than two QB draws per game in the non conference schedule next year, does Limegrover have a preference for what type of feathers we use to tar and feather him?

How does it differ when recruiting someone as a PWO instead of a scholarship? Do you have to sell different parts of the university/program to a PWO or is the method basically the same? Is it awkward to have that first conversation, or do most of the PWO kids know where they fit in the pecking order?

I know what you are saying but I think you might be attacking the wrong guy

What can coach Z do to get the QBs to play looser. He seems to get in their head and they think too much. I'm sure there is a better way to ask this.

Coach Z has a resume of success doing his job. Chandler Harnish seemed to respond pretty well. Mitch Leidner
plays loose and better than many people expected. The coach is not the only person in each kids ear. I'd think it
would be pretty obvious that Max and Phillip both transferred because Dad had different ideas than the coach.
If you have ever been in that situation it's hard to reach those kids. At best they are conflicted and worst they are giving
you lip service and doing it dad's way. Not the only posse member some of these guys listen to either.

Have you heard anybody from within express or allude to disappointment that Nelson is gone? Pretty quiet.

Gray got injured. He was playing pretty well before he got hurt. Definitely improving in my opinion. He had hardly played quarterback arriving late to campus, moving to wide receiver, being hurt etc.

You could be right, but I'm leaning heavily to coach Z being good at what he does. You can have a valedictorian prospect
who has so many things going on their head they just can't play...they can't make instant decisions...too much information, you right. They panic or get flustered. Ponder seems to be an example of that. Not always the coach. Some an awesome coach de-codes but nobody can figure them all out. There is quite a few 4 and 5 star kids who don't do much. In addition, we are starting with 2's and 3's. So, if you can't get into their head and develop them it's tap city because their talent/athleticism isn't able to override their lack of ability to process the game.

#1: With guys like Jerry Gibson, do you have a position in mind when you start recruiting him? Or is it a situation where you see a great athlete and you know he can grow into a position somewhere.

#2: Is it a difficult transition to go from playing H-Back/FB to TE and vice versa? If so, what are the largest obstacles.

#3: Outiside of Connor Cosgrove, who is the toughest guy on the team?

1. I think Rebecca is the secret weapon, a deal clincher in this year's recruiting in home visits. Will she continue to accompany you in future visits?

2. Krizancic's QB play in his senior season videos look very impressive to me. Is there an outside chance that you'll audition him for QB?

First question should be: "How is it going, Coach?"

From the gopherhole, will jeff jones be the front runner for the Heisman after his first or second game? Will he rush for 1500 or 2000 yards this season or is that too conservative?

I would actually like to know the status on Chris Streveler. We are probably going to need him this season at some point.

I know he can't name names, but is he still really working on someone for this years class?

Did we lose PWO's Leach and Weber, or is there just a paperwork holdup?

What's your favorite and least favorite thing about the recruiting process?

Who will be a surprise player for this year (coming off RS or injury season)? I want a name coach!

Top Bottom