Question For Knowledgable Holers

TheHofferette

Reaction score
OK, so between having a toddler, holding a FT job, obtaining my Masters, and attempting to follow the Twins, I have lost sight of Gopher recruiting news this whole summer. I just saw the post which provided a link to the latest roster on Gophersports.

My question is this: w/ 9 new players (I am not including Mbakwe because I have my own opinion on him--I think he'll be incredibly important to this team, both in talent and maturity) who should I be paying attention to? who will get PT? who has good hype vs who do you think might actually be the real deal?

thanks!!

OK, so between having a toddler, holding a FT job, obtaining my Masters, and attempting to follow the Twins, I have lost sight of Gopher recruiting news this whole summer. I just saw the post which provided a link to the latest roster on Gophersports.

My question is this: w/ 9 new players (I am not including Mbakwe because I have my own opinion on him--I think he'll be incredibly important to this team, both in talent and maturity) who should I be paying attention to? who will get PT? who has good hype vs who do you think might actually be the real deal?

thanks!!

Don't ask me, I am not very knowledgeable about most things. I believe that Millions2Spare and/or Missed Layup, lakes bison, and ArtVandelay will have your answers.

As a dedicated fan, I'm having trouble following all the new blood on our team, so don't feel bad, there have been a ton of changes. I'll start you off with a few quick notes:

Colton, RSIII, Blake, Devoe, Al, Trevor and Rodney figure to be the meat of our team.

On the next level its a mystery to who might step up, Tubby hasn't been afraid to play 10, 11 man rotations in the past so we could be counting on these newbies. Not many Holers have seen these guys play much, but these are the freshman that could play meaningful minutes (best guess):

-Mo Walker, 6'10'' 290 PF, He had a couple double-doubles in the Canada games and his sheer size could help us during Big Ten play. Based off the few videos I have seen of him, he doesn't have much of a vertical but he has a nice touch and decent feet. I'm optimistic he could be pretty good.

-Austin Hollins, 6'4'' beanpole SG, apparently he's pretty smooth and has a decent stroke.

-Chip Armelin, 6'3'' SG, there is late steam that he could be the best freshman of the bunch and could be a steal in terms of recruiting. He's described as a scorer who can take it to the lane and has a nice shot to boot.

Other freshman: Elliott Elliason 6'11'' center, I heard he was thinking of redshirting? Maverick Ahamsini, PG, heard he's quick but he sounds like a project, Oto Osenieks 6'8'' F is academically ineligible last I heard

If I'm off base, please correct me. It will be interesting to see how these guys develop and who can step in and play.

Don't ask me, I am not very knowledgeable about most things. I believe that Millions2Spare and/or Missed Layup, lakes bison, and ArtVandelay will have your answers.

Too Funny. Thanks Dr. Don. Welcome back.

Go Gophers

As a dedicated fan, I'm having trouble following all the new blood on our team, so don't feel bad, there have been a ton of changes. I'll start you off with a few quick notes:

Colton, RSIII, Blake, Devoe, Al, Trevor and Rodney figure to be the meat of our team.

On the next level its a mystery to who might step up, Tubby hasn't been afraid to play 10, 11 man rotations in the past so we could be counting on these newbies. Not many Holers have seen these guys play much, but these are the freshman that could play meaningful minutes (best guess):

-Mo Walker, 6'10'' 290 PF, He had a couple double-doubles in the Canada games and his sheer size could help us during Big Ten play. Based off the few videos I have seen of him, he doesn't have much of a vertical but he has a nice touch and decent feet. I'm optimistic he could be pretty good.

-Austin Hollins, 6'4'' beanpole SG, apparently he's pretty smooth and has a decent stroke.

-Chip Armelin, 6'3'' SG, there is late steam that he could be the best freshman of the bunch and could be a steal in terms of recruiting. He's described as a scorer who can take it to the lane and has a nice shot to boot.

Other freshman: Elliott Elliason 6'11'' center, I heard he was thinking of redshirting? Maverick Ahamsini, PG, heard he's quick but he sounds like a project, Oto Osenieks 6'8'' F is academically ineligible last I heard

If I'm off base, please correct me. It will be interesting to see how these guys develop and who can step in and play.

Very well-done.

Go Gophers

thanks!!

I posted this somewhere else, but here are my thoughts on the team and the newcomers after watching a large chunk of their three games in Canada earlier this month. The big regret is that Chip Armelin didn't make the trip, since he is the guy I am most interested in seeing. It sounds like he's a pretty incredible athlete, but the real question is if that will translate into success on the court or if we have another Rico Tucker on our hands (so sad.)

thanks!!

I don't qualify (knowledgeable) but I'll offer answer regardless.

Look for 3 or 4 redshirts - Halvorsen, Osenieks, Eliason, and Allen.

PT - Hoffarber 25 minutes, Nolen 25, Joseph 25, Sampson 25, Mbakwe 25, Williams 20, Iverson 20, Hollins 10, Walker 10, Armelin 10, Ahanmisi 5.

Hollins figures to be the Most Ready To Play frosh. Walker next, if he can get in better shape.

Top Bottom