Question for Gopher/Packer Fans

59-0 ...You don't think that sticks in their gullet? How many times on this site do people bring up the
Michigan game meltdown by the Gophers? There's a loss and then a sh-t bed loss. This one filled a bed pan junior.
I'm sure it does "stick in their gullet". Doesn't take away the fact that Wisconsin was IN the CCG and won their bowl game against a good opponent, while the Gophs didn't do either.

You can't be both. Green Bay and the state of Wisconsin is, well I can't say it on here. Who in the hell would be a Packer fan.

Don't try to argue with him when it comes to bashing Wisconsin. Both the Pack and the Badgers had a better season than their counterparts in Minnesota.

It doesn't matter, they both suck no matter what the outcome, the time of year, the time of day, whatever. They both suck.

Actually, I can only come up with four that hurt as much--Drew Pearson's shove, Darrin Nelson's dropped pass, Gary Anderson's miss, Brett Farve's throw across the body over the middle. Just because the Packers had 3 or 4 of those plays in one game doesn't impress those of us who watched their team lose four separate times.

Amen. It is amazing how these events are embedded in our baby boom memories forever.

The only cure I know is to win titles. :cry:

On a positive note, Jerry Kill and company are brewing a good cup of java in Dinkytown that will cure all our collective disappointments of a lifetime.

Go Gophers!

You can't be both. Green Bay and the state of Wisconsin is, well I can't say it on here. Who in the hell would be a Packer fan.

I've been a Packer fan and a Gopher fan since the late-1950s before the Minnesota Vikings were even a glimmer. Hope that explains it.

How about a rephrase of the semantics involved in basking in the warm glow of the Dumpster Fire that both teams endured at the end of the season.

To Badger fans- An overly confident Badger team coming off an emotional win against their biggest rival got their a**es handed to them by a 3rd string QB. 59-0. Such a drubbing, their coach packed bags and left town shortly followed by their star RB. Great- you beat Auburn. That does not erase 59- Doughnut. Besides the SEC sucks and Auburn was maybe the 6th Best team in the conference.

To Packer Fans- You like Apples? How about them Apples. It's about time you had a **choke** moment under A-Rodge. It's the beginning of the end. It's in A-Rodge's head now- he will never be the same. As an upstart QB in Minnesota continues to improve- don't expect an automatic win against the Vikes and John Fox will right the ship in Chicago.

I am ecstatic about the future prospects of football in Wisconsin. They've had good teams for too long, but the shelf life of each team is about to expire. The Badgers will be decent for 1-2 more years and the Packers may be done now. **HALLELUJAH**

Probably somewhat, but the fact that they went 59-donut against a team that absolutely rolled Alabama and Oregon to win the national championship, plus that they bounced back with a win against Auburn, has to mitigate the sting a bit. I'm no Becky fan, but they got the piss beat out of them by a team that proved superior to every team in the country.

Agree. Better to take the high ground in this case. Ruppert has chosen to do the opposite.

If I have this right, they won trophies against IA, NU, MN, plus the West division championship trophy and one for winning the Outback. Boy, I hope the Gophers don't win five trophies next year. That would be a season to forget.

Losing to Michigan felt 10 times worse... especially considering the Rose Bowl implications that season.

Actually, I can only come up with four that hurt as much--Drew Pearson's shove, Darrin Nelson's dropped pass, Gary Anderson's miss, Brett Farve's throw across the body over the middle. Just because the Packers had 3 or 4 of those plays in one game doesn't impress those of us who watched their team lose four separate times.

The Drew Pearson shove traumatized me! I got sent to my bedroom for cheering when the ref got hit with the whisky bottle!

Top Bottom