Question for Doogie

RaT

Reaction score
Since I think it is fairly obvious that Jedd Fisch is going to leave and head to the NFL, are you hearing anything about any potential replacecements? Anyone internally, or are there any outside candidates?

Maybe you know something, maybe not.

Since I think it is fairly obvious that Jedd Fisch is going to leave and head to the NFL, are you hearing anything about any potential replacecements? Anyone internally, or are there any outside candidates?

Although the assumed fate of Fisch is leaving, nobody knows yet, save Fisch and hopefully Brewster.
Coach Lewis was in the booth this year, if we were going internally replace Fisch he'd be a candidate I suppose.
I'd hold your horses until an official announcement is made though. Fisch may just be interested in a coordinator position and might want to prove his play calling mettle before moving on.
If indeed Brewster's in Orlando at the coaches meeting, that would be the place to recruit an outside coaching hire.
All conjecture unless Doogie has inside info.

Is it that certain?
I guess I just chalked it up to "discussion board fodder" and, based on what I have read thus far, would put the odds that he gets an NFL Offensive Coordinator position offered at less than 10:1. Ithink there's more likelihood that he gets a positional coaching offer (maybe with an added spiffy title like "QB Coach and Ass't Off Coord"), but even if he got such an offer, would he accept it?

Maybe I've vastly underestimated the interest in him.

I guess from my point of view, I am assuming he is gone and is just doing the curtious thing of waiting until after Feb. 3 to make the announcement.

Not Doogie...I'll let him comment on possible replacements for the OC position.

My thought is that Fisch will lunge at whatever NFL job that comes along. Apparently, the NFL is willing to write off this past season, so Fisch remains marketable.

However, another season of Fisch's incompetence will surely have an adverse effect on his career. He's gonna get out while the gettin's good.

This is a pathetic injustice to Adam Weber and many of the other players:(

And who really expects Seantrel to want to sign up for this 'Shat'???:eek::eek::eek:

Brewster 'sold' Maturi on his ability to recruit....and on his 4 year plan.

We can see the recruiting remains in the lower half of the Big 10.:eek:

In 11 months, Maturi will have a sit-down with Brewster, and see where the Brew is versus his 4 year plan. Something tells me 5-7 won't measure up.

Message to Joel Maturi...Keep the Brew's buy-out nice and low:cool02::cool02:

Not Doogie...I'll let him comment on possible replacements for the OC position.

My thought is that Fisch will lunge at whatever NFL job that comes along. Apparently, the NFL is willing to write off this past season, so Fisch remains marketable.

However, another season of Fisch's incompetence will surely have an adverse effect on his career. He's gonna get out while the gettin's good.

This is a pathetic injustice to Adam Weber and many of the other players:(

And who really expects Seantrel to want to sign up for this 'Shat'???:eek::eek::eek:

Brewster 'sold' Maturi on his ability to recruit....and on his 4 year plan.

We can see the recruiting remains in the lower half of the Big 10.:eek:

In 11 months, Maturi will have a sit-down with Brewster, and see where the Brew is versus his 4 year plan. Something tells me 5-7 won't measure up.

Message to Joel Maturi...Keep the Brew's buy-out nice and low:cool02::cool02:

first, you are a complete dumbass.

second, the pathetic injustice was what Weber did to Fisch's play calling by sucking so bad that he could not complete a pass.

third, our recruiting rank is 6th in the Big Ten and will most likely end up 4th.

fourth, there are more reasons for Seantrel to be a Gopher than reasons not to, and his chances are pretty good to end up a Gopher.

4 year plan or 5 year plan?

Found this somewhere.

John McKay was the first head coach of the Buccaneers, holding the reins for nine seasons. He had previously won four national championships with the University of Southern California but was hand-picked by Hugh Culverhouse to take over the expansion franchise Bucs in 1976.

"I had a five-year plan" he said about his work in building the Buccaneers and taking them to the NFC Championship Game in just their fourth season. "But that was because I had a five-year contract. If I had had a three-year contract, I would have had a three year plan."

Pretty much my thoughts exactly.

Now, I am just some rube sitting behind a desk in Burnsville and have absolutely no inside information what so ever; but I have gotten the impression that Fisch is incredibly driven and goal oriented individual that has certain aspirations. Mainly being a Head Coach in the NFL. Initially he might have thought that being a succesful coordinator in College would lead to an oppurtunity at an OC position with an NFL team and was going to use this as a stepping stone.

But after a year here, he now might (a. like the college setting (b. just like the NFL more (c. worried that another year of offensive struggles could completely derail his reputation and progress toward his ultimate goal.

Like I said though.....I am just some rube that is completely speculating like most of us on here.

If Fisch leaves, my candidate

Would be Roger French

The most interesting thing in all these "replace" the Offense or the Coordinator posts involves the spread or the "run and shoot (for Gold04;).

We heard time and again in 2007, 2008 and for the first 5 games or show this year, about how the "Gophers can't run like they did under Mason" or "I thought they were going to pound the rock? Early on it was "the spread won't work in the Big Ten". The need for a big time Running Back has been expounded upon at great length around here. For good reason I might add.

Now it's 'bring back the spread!" or "let them throw the ball".

File this under "you gotta love the internet!".:)

Top Bottom