question about tight end depth chart

tridecemlineatus

Reaction score
Can anyone bring me up to date on the Gophers' tight end situation? Granted, we've been spoiled watching Williams the last few years, but I think it's fair to say that Lingen is quite a bit slower than average. I thought they had scored a number of quality TE recruits the last few years. Injuries, slow development, or transfers? Just wondering if it's going to be Brandon (RS sophomore?) lumbering 10 yards downfield or what the other possibilities may be in the next few years.

Lingen and Wozniak are the starters. Behind that you have Hart and Noah Schafer, couple of walkons. Duke and Plesk are injured. Plesk is a good blocker and the staff was pretty high Duke's passing abilities. Elmore was recruited as a TE, but they moved him to DE. Jerry Gibson not sure. Bryce Witham I would assume they're redshirting.

Plesk and Duke were 1 and 1A this year. Lingen's done pretty well in that context.

I believe Gibson and jeff Jones are running Jerry's fantasy team on Draft Kings. Unfortunately, Jerry has not been happy with their performance. Heard that from a ticket scalper before the Nebraska game.
Might not be true...dunno

Jones has not been healthy yet the steady he's a bust talk continues. Very unfair. In the case of Gibson I had really high hopes for him. Remember Spurrier tried to steal him at the last minute. Kill used to mention him from time to time. But it has been silent regarding his progress.

Kill can get hot or cold on a player real fast.

Hopefully Jones can rebound, and that his performance is due to injuries and being out of football for a year not being allowed to practice with the team. He has so much promise. Like David Cobb, it may be his junior year that he perks up if he works hard at it. He has to want it pretty bad.

I believe Gibson and jeff Jones are running Jerry's fantasy team on Draft Kings. Unfortunately, Jerry has not been happy with their performance. Heard that from a ticket scalper before the Nebraska game.
Might not be true...dunno

That's pretty funny.

We miss Maxx Williams a lot more than I thought we would. I knew we'd miss him, but his ability to get open down the seam really loosened things up.

Top Bottom