question about the stadium fly-over on sept. 12th vs. air force

From what I have heard, there will be a B2 bomber and other military planes. The B2 bomber cannot land anywhere around here so it will fly up from Missouri, go over the stadium, then head right back to Missouri.

Where did you "hear" that? Anything I have seen that could be billed as even semi-official hasn't mentioned anything about a B2.

From what I have heard, there will be a B2 bomber and other military planes. The B2 bomber cannot land anywhere around here so it will fly up from Missouri, go over the stadium, then head right back to Missouri.

Where did you "hear" that? Anything I have seen that could be billed as even semi-official hasn't mentioned anything about a B2.

I've heard the same thing in a meeting or two. They won't be able to confirm if a B2 is in fact available until much closer to the actual date. And even then, it could change depending on what's going on in the world.

They are attempting to get a B-2 to come up from Missouri for the game.

My brother graduated from AFA, so my parents are still in the MN parents group and get news & such still. I don't know if it's been confirmed, but they are working on it.

I got to see a B-2 at the College World Series in 2002.....probably the coolest thing I've ever seen in my entire life. It almost simply glided over the stadium. And this is coming from a guy who's not really a plane guy and has seen probably 100 flyovers or parachute jumps into or over stadiums.

I think it would be cool if we could get former Gopher kicker Aaron Piepkorn to be part of the flyover. I know he wasn't the greatest kicker we ever had, but he is a homestate kid, who still follows the program closely, who just so happens to be an Air Force pilot. I think that would be cool!

And this is coming from a guy who's not really a plane guy and has seen probably 100 flyovers or parachute jumps into or over stadiums.

Any chance we'll see Goldy descend into the stadium in a parachute. My nephews would freak out.

Top Bottom