Question about Blocked Kicks

victor04

Reaction score
I am by no means an expert on the kicking game, and so was curious in knowing who is typically at fault for a blocked field goal. Since after a blocked field goal the TV's always zoom in on the Kicker as if it was solely his fault. Isn't a combination of the blockers, good push up front by the D, a bad snap by the Center or bad hold? Or is it mainly the kickers fault?

Probably safe to say there is plenty of blame to go around, it's a team effort. That said this particular kick looked low. If you want to insist on blaming one person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right guard and tackle allowed penetration. Kick was a little low but i would put it more on the penetration

Right guard and tackle allowed penetration. Kick was a little low but i would put it more on the penetration

Really? I thought Gregory got very little movement on the OL. The kick was too low for a short kick like that. I can live with that on a long one, but not a chipshot like that.

Guy just jumped in the right place and ball hit him in the hand. Nothing else.

Really? I thought Gregory got very little movement on the OL. The kick was too low for a short kick like that. I can live with that on a long one, but not a chipshot like that.

The guy was 1 yard in the backfield. That's one yard too many.

Not only that, but he didn't stay engaged. So he lost ground and he didn't keep the guys hands occupied. He had a free jump.

Low kick, but with good blocking that isn't a problem.

Top Bottom