Qualifying score for Trabis "best 'n Nation" Ward

I'll have to consult with our future basketball star and former NFL great Rodney Harrison, or our former gopher basketball coach Mason, maybe they can tell me how to get funded.

"Tubby got run out of town for a reason. CAUSE HE SUCKS!

Oh yeah and Brewster's a real genius too. He can't coach or recruit. At least the guy we had before could recruit, after all he coached Tyrone Carter, probably the only Gopher who will ever make it to the NFL."

This is part of Jshows post from Jan. 29th, 2009. Has he never heard of Marion Barber, Lawrence Maroney, Matt Spaeth, Utech, Setterstrom, etc., etc., etc.,? And this clown takes himself seriously?

I think somebody better get back on their meds!!

ok everyone what is the over under on misspelled words in the next Jshow post

I say 3

ok everyone what is the over under on misspelled words in the next Jshow post

I say 3

You peeple are so stupid. You need to get a life ans stop critisizing quality opinions. Put down the Coolaid, and wake up to the reality of how crappy our athletics department is.

Damn it, I was going to take two, I would have been way off.

You peeple are so stupid. You need to get a life ans stop critisizing quality opinions. Put down the Coolaid, and wake up to the reality of how crappy our athletics department is.

And how poor your education was...

Kinda reminds me of tommy carter on Purple thoughts (Sorry tommy)!

Back to the thread...C'mon Keise, Singleton, and Carter should all be on the phone with Ward trying to get a commit!!

I just read on another thread that his score, according to new SAT scoring standards is not good. I honestly am not familiar with the scoring system they use. Anyone know what is going on with it?

Just read the blog report again and read it slower this time. I'm beginning to think that his score is equal to what would be about a 14 on the ACT and that isn't qualifying. Ward says "I need to talk with coach" to see what the next step would be??? I don't see this as very good news. Has prep school written all over it.

Fuller updated his blog, looks like the kid did very well on his SAT. You people jump to conclusions way to fast over very little real information.

Four-star back receives test score
Gophers target and four-star running back Trabis Ward from Dillard High School in Ft. Lauderdale, Fla. was waiting to get the results back from his SAT test this week.

Ward, a 5-foot-10, 200-pound senior, said today he received a score of 1160. It was uncertain hearing from him at first this morning if that was his total score on the 2400 scale or not. He called me back and said that it was the combined score from the critical reading and math portions. He said his total score was around 1700.

"Yeah, I'm qualified," he said this afternoon. "I don't know what I'm going to do yet."

Ward said earlier this week that he wanted to sign with the Gophers if he got a qualifying score, but he was being recruited by wide receivers coach George McDonald, who recently left to join the Cleveland Browns staff.

Well ...

if you assume that 1160 is out of 2400, that is 48-1/3%. The maximum score on the ACT is 36. 48-1/3% of 36 is 17.4. If you assume 1600, the percentage increases to 72.5 for a corresponding ACT of 26.

This means his score is approximate to a 25 on the ACT. Not too shabby!

i have known a LOT of very smart people in my life and i have come to the conclusion that the best judge of natural intelligence is a sharp wit and good sense of humor.

when i saw trabis in that interview at the miami camp, i could tell the guy was sharp, and he made me laugh.

i think that he is the kind of guy i would have loved to have taken a class with at the U. i bet he has people laughing all the time.

here's that interview

i have known a LOT of very smart people in my life and i have come to the conclusion that the best judge of natural intelligence is a sharp wit and good sense of humor.

when i saw trabis in that interview at the miami camp, i could tell the guy was sharp, and he made me laugh.

i think that he is the kind of guy i would have loved to have taken a class with at the U. i bet he has people laughing all the time.

here's that interview

I really wanna see him here, just cause you know he'll be tons of fun in an interview. I'm already seeing him doing "Golden Nuggets" with Natalie Kane LOL.

I really wanna see him here, just cause you know he'll be tons of fun in an interview. I'm already seeing him doing "Golden Nuggets" with Natalie Kane LOL.

haha! yes, golden nuggets! kane loves it when those players get her to crack up. it is like he was destined to play for the gophers.

Those Gold Grillz will be shining in GOLD COUNTRY. Don't worry he will be a member of the BREW CREW

So . . .

This kid going to sign with us now or is he going to bolt to another program? What are the insiders hearing?

Well, it appears to me that we've stood by him while everybody else was holding off - that should count for something!

Fuller updated his blog, looks like the kid did very well on his SAT. You people jump to conclusions way to fast over very little real information.

Four-star back receives test score
Gophers target and four-star running back Trabis Ward from Dillard High School in Ft. Lauderdale, Fla. was waiting to get the results back from his SAT test this week.

Ward, a 5-foot-10, 200-pound senior, said today he received a score of 1160. It was uncertain hearing from him at first this morning if that was his total score on the 2400 scale or not. He called me back and said that it was the combined score from the critical reading and math portions. He said his total score was around 1700.

"Yeah, I'm qualified," he said this afternoon. "I don't know what I'm going to do yet."

Ward said earlier this week that he wanted to sign with the Gophers if he got a qualifying score, but he was being recruited by wide receivers coach George McDonald, who recently left to join the Cleveland Browns staff.

With more info from Marcus and yourself I'm glad to hear this!! Sorry for my earlier post at the time it seemed more fitting.

This kid seems to be pretty damn smart! Now I am surprised he waited this long to take the test.

A 1700? A kid whose academic problems are so great that nobody bothers to seriously recruit him suddenly pulls a 1700 out of his ass?

Our Crappy athletic department

is in 13th place in the Directors Cup standings and in 3rd place in the Big Ten. We do not have a crappy athletic department. We are good in several sports. A crappy athletic dept. is a school like Iowa. They are good in football (lol) and wrestling and that is it.

Go Gophers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The ones that deter schools from recruiting you. The kid didn't even take a single visit this fall/winter.

Perhaps you mean the fact that he hadn't taken an ACT or SAT yet? Because that's why schools stopped pursuing him. They didn't want to offer until they knew he could get in.

Unless you are suggesting he managed to cheat his way to a 1700 on the SAT. B/c that is what it reads like.

Top Bottom