QB S2 Cognition test scores leaked, CJ Stroud only in the 18th percentile

Taji34

Reaction score
Stroud had the lowest score of 18% (out of 100%) while Bryce Young scored the highest at 98.

How does the S2 Cognition test work? The test, which replaced the Wonderlic, has nine different segments, all of which are graded separately (sort of like the SAT). The measurements used in each section include a quarterback's ability to track multiple objects, make complex decisions, and filter through if/then scenarios with different defensive scenarios -- with an ability to improvise. The test takes 45 minutes and is run through a gaming laptop, ultimately measuring a players' ability to quickly dissect information that appears on the screen in front of them.

The Wall Street Jurnal occasionally reported the Winderlic scores of the players.
It must have been too much of an embarrassment so they dropped the test.

From the article:

However, Brandon Ally, co-founder of the S2 Cognition test, says some of the scores are not accurate.

"The day that those leaks happened, my phone was blowing up from general managers and our attorney," Ally said on The Pat McAfee Show this week, via Sports Illustrated. "We can't speak on specifics. What I will say is the list of scores that I have seen, two of those scores are not accurate. They're not accurate at all.

"Some of the reason could be for narrative purposes. The other reason is that they don't have context, so somebody could have gotten a list of very early scores. One of the particular athletes on that list I know had a difficult time making his way to the all-star game, things were delayed. He was in high demand. He was hungry, tired, it was 11 p.m., didn't want to do it. He was frustrated. We administered the test because we're asked to.

"We knew at that point in time, hey, we're going to get you again. We'll get you at your Pro Day, your 30 visit. We did that and his score is significantly higher than what it was being reported in the media. I'm not saying that it was C.J. Stroud. But for context purposes, the scores that were leaked, there are a couple of them that are inaccurate and there needs to be context behind that."

The Wall Street Jurnal occasionally reported the Winderlic scores of the players.
It must have been too much of an embarrassment so they dropped the test.
Yeah the Winderlic test was generally seen as weird and very outdated.

>The test takes 45 minutes and is run through a gaming laptop

What a weird thing to note...
It's noted because it's a different kind of test - it's not just questions and answers, it is breaking down scenarios (almost like a video game) to test cognitive ability/decision making.

I don't know if that it makes it a better test or a worse test, but I assume that's why it's noted.

I remember when one of the reasons that the Vikings drafted Christian Ponder was because he was a Rhodes scholar. Just saying.

Sounds as though this test measures a player’s ability to make video game type decisions while playing a video game. Same as on field?🤷🏼‍♂️

I remember when one of the reasons that the Vikings drafted Christian Ponder was because he was a Rhodes scholar. Just saying.
PA and Meatsauce were ponderous every day about Ponder. It was at Thor Tolo levels.

Wait until AI analytics takes over.

Top Bottom