QB recruit James Morgan impresses at Elite 11 Columbus; talks Minnesota, Virginia Tec

People keep saying this even though it has no basis in fact.

Pryor's career stats at OSU: 60.9% completion, 7.9 YPA, 57:26 TD:INT, 144.6 rating

"Terrible"

He had a great supporting cast that elevated him. Put him on a lesser team and he'd have Marqueis-type numbers.

He was an awful qb except his last season.

His stats look better than he did. I had the opportunity to watch him play numerous times.

I

You're right, none of those guys missed substantial playing time due to injury...

Pryor was a terrible qb during most of his time there. He had a good team around him though. He was an amazing running threat. Ohio state was embarrassed by USC during his years there.

Well i don't recall Pryor or Denard missing any games due to injury, Braxton in 3 years of being a starting QB has missed like 3 games or less?Martinez was a 4 year starting QB and went his first 3 years unscathed. Martinez, Miller and Colter are all 210 at most while Mitch played at 235 last year and is probably up to 240 this year as just a sophomore. And as a junior Terelle Pryor completed 65% of his passes for over 2,700 yards with 27 TDs and 11 INTs with over 750 rushing yards and 4 TDs. Also Rose Bowl MVP and Sugar Bowl MVP. Maybe as the #1 overall recruit in the nation he under achieved a little bit as a frosh and sophomore but far from terrible. Oh and i might also add Russell Wilson, Nathan Schalehase, Juice Williams and maybe even Devin Gardener.

He had a great supporting cast that elevated him. Put him on a lesser team and he'd have Marqueis-type numbers.

He was an awful qb except his last season.

His stats look better than he did. I had the opportunity to watch him play numerous times.

I

The point is that having a dual threat QB works in the big ten no less than any other conference. If anything it would actually work much better than having a dual threat in the SEC where the defenses are much faster and more disruptive and do a better job of containing, not going up against some slower Big Ten defense that can't contain. Even that didn't stop Newton, Manziel, Nick Marshall and Connor Shaw to name a few.

Ok, if Pryor is ever named starter for any team in the NFL I will eat my shorts and give you a healthy apology. On the relatively even playing field of the NFL he's a less than average qb even in the Age of Kaepernick.

Well i don't recall Pryor or Denard missing any games due to injury, Braxton in 3 years of being a starting QB has missed like 3 games or less?Martinez was a 4 year starting QB and went his first 3 years unscathed. Martinez, Miller and Colter are all 210 at most while Mitch played at 235 last year and is probably up to 240 this year as just a sophomore. And as a junior Terelle Pryor completed 65% of his passes for over 2,700 yards with 27 TDs and 11 INTs with over 750 rushing yards and 4 TDs. Also Rose Bowl MVP and Sugar Bowl MVP. Maybe as the #1 overall recruit in the nation he under achieved a little bit as a frosh and sophomore but far from terrible. Oh and i might also add Russell Wilson, Nathan Schalehase, Juice Williams and maybe even Devin Gardener.

Denard missed at least one game and the played relatively poorly his last season.

Michigan fans are openly lobbying for someone other than Devin.

Did those teams run the QB into the teeth of the the defense like we do? Our QBs don't have the speed to get around the corner and avoid big hits.

I'm curious to see Streveler in action. Since we're clearly going the dual threat route he could end up being the best of the bunch. Superior speed and manziel-type moves. Obviously the big question mark is the passing but he did well at the lower level.

Jake Ballard, Brandon Saine, Dan Herron, Devier Posey and Dane Sansebacker or however you say it were all nice players but you can't honestly say they made that Offense go and not Terrelle. And how many games did he start last year? over half plus a few games 2 years ago. Anyways a QB has to start in an NFL game for that QB to have "worked" in the Big Ten. Mitch will never work well then.

Oaklands qb situation was a complete cluster****. He was lucky to be given an opportunity and he amasses a 69.3 rating. He was so good he was traded to the Seahawks where he will compete for a third string job behind.....Tavaris Jackson.

Guys, don't take any of this personally. I just like to argue.

Maybe terrelle wasn't "terrible" his last season but I will stand behind my assertion that it is a risky game to be running mitch into the teeth of Big Ten defenses 18 times per game. Chances are he isn't going to make it an entire season.

Crucify me if you must.

Oaklands qb situation was a complete cluster****. He was lucky to be given an opportunity and he amasses a 69.3 rating. He was so good he was traded to the Seahawks where he will compete for a third string job behind.....Tavaris Jackson.

I don't care what players do in the NFL. Tebow was a fantastic college QB, and anyone with eyes could see that his game would not transfer to the NFL. If the staff believes they have the system in place to make this team successful, I'm behind them.

I don't care what players do in the NFL. Tebow was a fantastic college QB, and anyone with eyes could see that his game would not transfer to the NFL. If the staff believes they have the system in place to make this team successful, I'm behind them.

So now he's comparable to a Heisman winner?

The point of the last page or so of arguing is that it would be nice if the gophers can run and pass effectively going forward,including post-leidner. Im a big Leidner fan, i have been since the preseason last year. I think he can turn into a nice DT QB.

That said, it's more than fair to question the offensive philosophy when we haven't seen much thus far. Having our starting QB go down to I jury every year doesn't help the cause. The inability of Marqueis and Nelson to complete even basic patterns has me wanting a QB that can. Leidner, Streveler, or Dimonic could be that guy but why not recruit a 4 star that is reputed to be very accurate?

Obviously something is holding them back on Morgan. Is it his talent or something else.

Top Bottom