Q and A with MTSU Beat Reporter

Good piece Doogie.

I have thought for quite some time now that you are better speaking/interviewing than writing. That is not meant as a slam, just noting that your strength seems to be live speaking. The piece before the Q&A was fair, well thought out and well written.

Not a bad write-up at all, although I'm not sure I agree that the crowds at the Bank were 'hostile' for the SDSU and Illinois games. The fans were certainly restless and irritated at the lack of performance, but to call them 'hostile' is hyperbole.

Doogie, why do you insist on propagating your anti-gopher, anti-Brewster agenda? You are giving aid and comfort to the enemy. ;-)

Not a bad write-up at all, although I'm not sure I agree that the crowds at the Bank were 'hostile' for the SDSU and Illinois games. The fans were certainly restless and irritated at the lack of performance, but to call them 'hostile' is hyperbole.

Well, I wasn't at those games, but I would be a little alarmed if the fans were happy and cherry while watching their squad fall behind 28-10 to a terrible Illinois team at home. If they weren't miffed at that, then the passion really isn't there. You should see some hostility in those situations, that was an embarrassing performance. Same with the SDSU game. Shows there is some passion out there for Gopher football.

Good piece Doogie.

I have thought for quite some time now that you are better speaking/interviewing than writing. That is not meant as a slam, just noting that your strength seems to be live speaking. The piece before the Q&A was fair, well thought out and well written.

Thanks... and completely agree... writing isn't as strong because I was raised in the electronic media culture... one-liners, and getting to the point relatively fast... broadcast style writing. Feel a lot more comfortable on-air/behind the scenes with radio & TV.

Thanks... and completely agree... writing isn't as strong because I was raised in the electronic media culture... one-liners, and getting to the point relatively fast... broadcast style writing. Feel a lot more comfortable on-air/behind the scenes with radio & TV.

Just keep working on it. I'm seeing improvement, even though you are 100% wrong on anything I disagree with.

Well, I wasn't at those games, but I would be a little alarmed if the fans were happy and cherry while watching their squad fall behind 28-10 to a terrible Illinois team at home. If they weren't miffed at that, then the passion really isn't there. You should see some hostility in those situations, that was an embarrassing performance. Same with the SDSU game. Shows there is some passion out there for Gopher football.

I was at both those games, and as my memory serves, the crowds were as I said, irritable and restless. Some boo-birds, but not a groundswell. Maybe that's "Minnesota-Nice Hostile", I don't know?

As a season ticket holder since 1999, the only "hostile" crowd I ever remember was for the 2006 1-point victory over NDSU. I have to believe it was after that game that Maturi had the legal team begin preparing the parerwork for terminating Mason's contract.

The decision to terminate Coach Mason was made, sadly, three years before he was fired. Hopefully, the current AD has figured out that is not the best way to remove a coach.

The decision to terminate Coach Mason was made, sadly, three years before he was fired. Hopefully, the current AD has figured out that is not the best way to remove a coach.

Glen...shouldn't you be chatting up clients for RBC?

Even for you, this is an instant classic.

Top Bottom