Q&A: Texas LB Everett Williams Has Gophers Offer, Plans U Visit for W Illinois Game

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Q&A: Texas LB Everett Williams Has Gophers Offer, Plans U Visit for W Illinois Game

Texas LB Everett Williams Has Gophers Offer, Plans to Visit U for Western Illinois Game
By Chris Monter

http://www.gopherhole.com/news_article/show/276460?referrer_id=331171

Everett Williams, a 6-foot-2, 222-pound outside linebacker from Mansfield (TX) Legacy, has planned a visit with Minnesota, which was the first school to offer him a scholarship.

Gopher Hole recently caught up with Williams to learn the latest on his recruitment.

Gopher Hole: What is the latest on your recruitment right now?

Everett Williams: I have four offers from Minnesota, Navy, Louisiana-Monroe and New Mexico State. I have been talking the Minnesota coaches a lot

Gopher Hole: Are you planning on making a visit to Minnesota for the Western Illinois game in September?

Everett Williams: Yes, that is what I am trying to get set up right now.

Gopher Hole: What are you hearing from the Gophers? What are they saying to you?

Everett Williams: That they are really interested and really want me. That I would fit right in.

Gopher Hole: Have you ever been to Minnesota in your whole life?

Everett Williams: No, sir. I haven't.

Gopher Hole: What do you know about Minnesota?

Everett Williams: I don't know. From what they tell me it is a good place to go for school and all that. That they have a good team. I just have to check it out,

Gopher Hole: Is distance from home going to be a factor in what college you pick?

Everett Williams: Not that much. Me and my mom had a talk and she said wherever is best for me to go, is where I am going to go, no matter the distance.

Gopher Hole: What is going to be the main thing that makes you pick School A over School B or C?

Everett Williams: Pretty much the whole package that they can offer. Good academics, great team, a good vibe and a real family-like team, I guess.

Gopher Hole: What do you see as your strengths as a player?

Everett Williams: My experience right now and strength. My knowledge of the game.

Gopher Hole: What things are you are working on like any player to continue to improve yourself as a player?

Everett Williams: Speed. Conditioning and all that. Changing direction and coverage stuff.

Gopher Hole: What is your 40 time?

Everett Williams: 4.53.

Gopher Hole: Your bench max is 335 and squat max is 515, right?

Everett Williams: It is probably up right now. I did that before spring break.

Gopher Hole: You have a 34 inch vertical?

Everett Williams: Yes, sir.

Gopher Hole: I know that you are also a very good student with a 3.8 GPA and a 1490 SAT, right?

Everett Williams: Yes, sir. After this semester, I think that it went up to 3.9

Gopher Hole: Have you thought much about a possible college major?

Everett Williams: No, sir. Not yet. I know that I have to start thinking about that soon.

Gopher Hole: How is recruiting you the most from the Gophers? Is it Coach Claeys or Coach Poore?

Everett Williams: Coach Poore.

Gopher Hole: What has your relationship been like with him so far?

Everett Williams: I have been talking to him a lot. I talk to him the most, pretty much.

Gopher Hole: The most of any coach that is recruiting you?

Everett Williams: Yes, sir. I talk to Coach Miller and I got to talk to Coach Claeys today, actually. I have been talking to a lot of the Minnesota coaches

Gopher Hole: That has to make you feel pretty wanted that many of the Minnesota coaches have reached out to you?

Everett Williams: Yes, sir and I talked to Coach Kill, too, so that was pretty cool.

Gopher Hole: What would it mean to play at a high major school like Minnesota?

Everett Williams: It would be a dream come true to play D1 football.

Gopher Hole: What are some of the other schools that you are hearing from that haven't offer yet?

Everett Williams: Oklahoma State, Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa, and TCU.

Gopher Hole: What are the expectations for your high school team this season?

Everett Williams: With the amount of returners that we have, we expect to go deep in the playoffs and win district.

Gopher Hole: What was your record last season?

Everett Williams: 4-6.

Gopher Hole: The Broncos haven't been to the playoffs since 2009. What would it mean to get back to the postseason?

Everett Williams: It would be a great feeling. We have put in the work and it would show us how much the work was worth if we can make it to the playoffs.

Gopher Hole: You lost your top receiver Marchie Murdock, who signed with Illinois and quarterback Brady Burke is at Evangel University. Did you lose a lot of other key players from last year's team?

Everett Williams: We have a lot of guys back. Those are pretty much the only two that we lost. On the defensive side, I think that we have pretty much the whole defense returning.

Gopher Hole: How did Minnesota first find out about you?

Everett Williams: I don't know. They showed up at one of our workouts during the workout time at our school and they came to the practice later that day. It was coach Claeys who was there.

Gopher Hole: Have you thought about what other colleges besides Minnesota that you are going to try to visit?

Everett Williams: I would like to probably visit Oklahoma State. That is about it right now.

Gopher Hole: Have you thought about when you are going to try to decide on a college? Will you do it before the season or during or after it or haven't you thought that far?

Everett Williams: I have thought about the middle of the season.

Top Bottom