Q&A: Prior Lake's Alex Hart Could Make the Gophers a Family Affair

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Q&A: Prior Lake's Alex Hart Could Make the Gophers a Family Affair
By Chris Monter

http://www.gopherhole.com/news_article/show/318195?referrer_id=388419

Alex Hart, a 6-3, 210-pound junior fullback/linebacker from Prior Lake, is one of the top players in Minnesota’s class of 2015. He is the younger brother of current Gopher freshman Nick. Alex was a guest of the Gophers this year and Gopher Hole caught up with Hart to learn the latest on his early recruitment.

Hart comes from an athletic family. His great uncle, Chuck Swanum, played football at Minnesota and his mother and father were former Golden Gopher athletes.

Gopher Hole: I know that it is still early being only a junior, but what schools are you starting to hear from recruiting-wise?

Alex Hart: I’m hearing from Minnesota, of course, Iowa, Iowa State and Cincinnati, a little bit.

Gopher Hole: Did you have a chance to go to many college football camps this past summer?

Alex Hart: No, I’ve just been to some at Minnesota because I didn’t have much time to go to Iowa or Cincinnati.

Gopher Hole: How about your brother? How does he like it? I know that he is redshirting this year as a walk-on, but how does he like it?

Alex Hart: He loves it here. He tells me a lot of good things. I truly hope that someday I can come here. He tells me a lot of good things

Gopher Hole: Have you ever talked about the possibility of playing at the same school?

Alex Hart: Yes. That would be awesome to play with my brother again someday. I dream of that, so it’s cool.

Gopher Hole: Your dad was here, too?

Alex Hart: Yes. My dad played football and my mom was a swimmer here.

Gopher Hole: What would that mean to play at the same place that they played and the same pace your brother played?

Alex Hart: It would be pretty cool. Just the whole Hart family going to the same school. It is kind of a cool thing, but I want to keep looking around and stuff.

Hart is a stud wrestler, too. He could definately wrestle at the D1 level. He's not going to be a walk-on here, like his brother. They'd have to give him a full ride.

He's a great OLB. Strong, athletic and quick, too. Could easily play at 225.

Father, Mother, Brother and is one of the top players in Minnesota’s class of 2015 to boot? Come on over Alex!

Top Bottom