Q&A: Nathan Reuvers Attends Gophers Win Over Maryland, Updates Recruitment

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Q&A: Nathan Reuvers Attends Gophers Win Over Maryland, Updates Recruitment
By Chris Monter

http://www.gopherhole.com/news_article/show/614821?referrer_id=

Nathan Reuvers, a 6-foot-10 junior from Lakeville (MN) North, has emerged as one of the state's top prospects in the Class of 2017. The Gophers have picked up their recruitment of Reuvers throughout the past year and he has been a guest of the Gophers at numerous games this season, including the recent huge win over Maryland.

Reuvers currently has offers from Air Force, Boston University, Cornell, Creighton, DePaul, Duquesne, Green Bay, Pennsylvania, UNC Greensboro, North Dakota, San Diego, Santa Clara and South Dakota State.

Gopher Hole recently caught up with Reuvers to learn the latest on his college recruitment and junior season.

Gopher Hole: How about your own individual play? You had 28 against Lakeville South and it seems like every game, you are averaging around that 20-point mark.

Nathan Reuvers: It is good that I am scoring those points. Someone needs to step up and score for our team. I am a good shooter, so the game plan is to try to get me as many touches as I can, especially inside and that is what we tried to do tonight. They tried double teaming me in the post and we got some other guys to hit some shots.

Gopher Hole: I think the last time I talked to you were getting ready to go down to Creighton for their game versus IUPUI. What was that experience like?

Nathan Reuvers: It was really cool. The arena that they play in, is huge. Seats like 17,000. Just a great atmosphere.

Gopher Hole: Have you been to any other college games this year?

Nathan Reuvers: I went to two Minnesota games. Nebraska-Omaha and Michigan State. (and the recent Maryland game).

Gopher Hole: What was that like?

Nathan Reuvers: They were both good games that I went to. They competed in both of them. I know that they haven't been competing in some of their games, but when I went, it was still a great environment.

Gopher Hole: When you finally pick a school, what are going to be some of the main factors that will make you pick School A over School B or C?

Nathan Reuvers: I am looking for the educational reasons and once I go off that, eventually I'll start narrowing it down and I'll look at it closer. .

Gopher Hole: Like you said, Minnesota is not having as great of a season as they would like to, but next year, they add Amir Coffey, Michael Hurt and Eric Curry and two transfers who are sitting out this season and are expected to be better, Does how a team is playing right now have much impact on schools that you are looking at or does that factor at all?

Nathan Reuvers: Definitely take notice to it, but you also have to look at everything. Even though, they are not playing good, you look at the roster, it is all freshmen and sophomores, so they should be good next year.

Gopher Hole: Obviously, your goal is to make it back to state. You're going to have to beat some good teams, including Rochester John Marshall. I know that they are targeting you guys since you have knocked them out in the section finals the past three years. What is it going to take to get back to the state again this year?

Nathan Reuvers: Playing games like we did tonight. Getting out there, battling, making shots. If we play our best, no one can beat us in our section.

Gopher Hole: You are still somewhat new to the recruiting process. Do you still like hearing from the coaches? Does it ever get tiring after awhile?

Nathan Reuvers: I used to hear from a lot, but now that the season is going on, it has kind of slowed down, so it is a little bit nicer.

Gopher Hole: Have you even thought about when you are even going to try to decide about a school? Would you do it before the next school year starts or have you even thought that far yet?

Nathan Reuvers: I haven't thought that far yet. Still like to take some more visits. Take my officials, but if I find some place that I really want to go to and really like, I might commit.

Gopher Hole: You have a good chance to look at a lot of schools already and have taken quite a few unofficial visits. Do you think helps you narrow down what you are really looking for in a school?

Nathan Reuvers: Yes, that is really fun because I have been to the East Coast; to Boston and I have been to the West Coast; Santa Clara and Stanford, so I have gotten the whole feel of everything. .

Gopher Hole: What about your summer plans? Have you decided on who you re playing for this summer?

Nathan Reuvers: I am going to play for D1 Minnesota.

Gopher Hole: How do you think that is going to help you improve as a player?

Nathan Reuvers: Well, I am going to be playing with other guys like Jack Sorenson and other guys who have a lot of offers. They are going to help me get some guys off of me, maybe get some more shots and they will bring in a lot of coaches, too, so it will be some great exposure.

Top Bottom