GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Q&A: Bronson Dovich on Committing to Gophers: "I felt completely at home."

Q&A: Bronson Dovich on Committing to Gophers: "I felt completely at home."
By Chris Monter

http://www.gopherhole.com/news_article/show/391592?referrer_id=331171

Bronson Dovich, a junior offensive tackle from Chaska (MN) High, helped lead the Hawks to an 11-1 mark last season. Dovich is considered one of the state's top lineman in the Class of 2015 and became the first Gopher commitment earlier this week.

Gopher Hole.com caught up with Dovich to learn the latest on his decision.

Gopher Hole: What was the main reason you decided to commit to Minnesota?

Bronson Dovich: The main reason was that during my visit, I felt completely at home. My parents loved it. I loved it. I have grown up as a Minnesota Golden Gopher fan. They have pretty much been the team for me. It felt like home down there. It is close to my friends and family, which is big.

Gopher Hole: When did you make the announcement?

Bronson Dovich: I made the announcement Friday at about 8 o'clock. I called Coach Kill the night before, but I made it public on Friday.

Gopher Hole: What was Coach Kill's reaction when you committed Friday?

Bronson Dovich: He was really happy. He was out on the West Coast and the reception was kind of bad, but he said that he was happy and let's go get another one (commitment). He was pretty happy.

Gopher Hole: Does it feel good to be the first commit for the Class of 2015? Does that make it even more special?

Bronson Dovich: Yes, it does, because hopefully, it can open up some more gates for some more kids to commit. It is my goal to start recruiting some other kids now, too.

Gopher Hole: I know that you just committed, but does it feel like a weight has been lifted off your shoulders already?

Bronson Dovich: Yes. It does feel really good. It feels like a weight off my shoulders, but it feels great. Minnesota is where I am at now. That is going to be my home and I am pretty much set. It feels great.

Gopher Hole: Is it going to nice that you can just focus on your senior season and not have to worry about recruiting, coaches and camps?

Bronson Dovich: Yes. Before I had an offer, I was really trying to check out a few places. Minnesota wasn't showing too much interest, but after the Rivals camp, they started to show me more interest and offered me. I knew that was the place for me. When I heard that they were getting interest in me, I knew that this was the place that I wanted to be.

Gopher Hole: What has been the reaction of your friends and family?

Bronson Dovich: Everyone walking around school was congratulating me. I can tell that Minnesota is where most of the people at school wanted me to be. I knew that most of the people in my family completely want me to be at Minnesota. It is nice to have people backing me up.

Gopher Hole: Had you been hearing from some other schools before you committed?

Bronson Dovich: I was hearing from Oregon, Wisconsin and Illinois. Those were the schools that I was going to camp at, but I decided that Minnesota was where I wanted to be. I made the commitment.

Gopher Hole: Are you going to go to any camp this summer now?

Bronson Dovich: No, I am done. I am pretty much shutting down my recruitment. I don't want to be with any other schools. I called most of the other schools and let them know that had decided. They wished me the best of luck. They understood. I'll be pretty much shutting down the recruitment to other schools. No more camps, visits. Just the Gophers.

Gopher Hole: Was that hard to do to tell those schools who had been recruiting you "No?"

Bronson Dovich: It was a little tough because I had built relationships over time, so it was a little tough. This is where I want to be, so it evened itself out. I did what I had to do. I'm a Gopher.

Gopher Hole: How nice will it be to have your friends and family at all your games since it is only a 20, 25 minute drive?

Bronson Dovich: My family has been going to every one of my games since I was growing up, so they will be able to watch. It will be awesome.

Gopher Hole: Are you going to be working on some kids that you know that might think would be good players for the Gophers? Are you going to do some recruiting for them?

Bronson Dovich: I'll probably be going after the guy down at DeLaSalle. I'll be sure to talk to him. I'd like to get him down here, too.

Gopher Hole: Do you know Drayton Carlberg very well?

Bronson Dovich: .I have seen him. I have seen a picture of him, but I have never talked to him, but I will try to get to know him.

Sounds like a great kid to have on board!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Gopher Hole: Are you going to be working on some kids that you know that might think would be good players for the Gophers? Are you going to do some recruiting for them?

Bronson Dovich: I'll probably be going after the guy down at DeLaSalle. I'll be sure to talk to him. I'd like to get him down here, too.

Gopher Hole: Do you know Drayton Carlberg very well?

Bronson Dovich: .I have seen him. I have seen a picture of him, but I have never talked to him, but I will try to get to know him.

I was just thinking and hoping that he would do that before i even read this. That is good to hear. Hopefully he can work on Schmidt too. Interesting though that they both went to the Rivals camp but they have never talked.

Top Bottom