Q&A: 2015 Iowa QB Visits U, Has Interest from Gophers, Hawkeyes, Cyclones and Others

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Q&A: 2015 Iowa QB Visits U, Has Interest from Gophers, Hawkeyes, Cyclones and Others

By Chris Monter

http://www.gopherhole.com/news_article/show/301848?referrer_id=388419

Ryan Boyle, a 6-1, 205-pound junior quarterback from West Des Moines (IA) Dowling, is one of the top signal callers in the Midwest in the Class of 2015. He attended the Minnesota-San Jose State game and talked to Gopher Hole about the latest on his recruitment.

Gopher Hole: How is the season going so far?

Ryan Boyle: We have a 6-0 start. The team is really meshing and it looks like we are a really good team. (They are ranked #1 in class 4-A with Cedar Rapids Xavier losing this past week.).

Gopher Hole: How about your own individual play? How do you feel that you have done so far this year?

Ryan Boyle: I feel that I have done pretty well. I have shown people what I can do and show that I can come back from a serious injury that happened to my knee and I am just really proud of what I have done so far.

Gopher Hole: How hard was it to come back from the ACL injury?

Ryan Boyle: That was really hard. I didn’t really know how to take it, but really showed how to bounce back and help encourage my teammates when I wasn’t there.

Gopher Hole: Do you feel that you are close to 100% from where you were?

Ryan Boyle: I feel 100% right now, knowing everything about my knee.

Gopher Hole: What do you see as your strengths as a quarterback?

Ryan Boyle: I see passing and running, mostly a dual threat and just lead my team to a state championship.

Gopher Hole: What is the latest on your recruitment? I know that it is a little bit early since you are only a junior, but what schools are you hearing from right now?

Ryan Boyle: Minnesota, since I visited. Iowa, Iowa State. Michigan, Michigan State also.

Gopher Hole: Did you get a chance to go to many college camps this summer?

Ryan Boyle: I went to quite a few and my summer was pretty busy with all those camps. I went to Iowa, Iowa State, Michigan, Notre Dame, Georgia, Missouri and also a Rivals camp.

Gopher Hole: When did you start hearing from Minnesota?

Ryan Boyle: I just got mail from them few weeks ago and a game invite and I visited. Ilove it.

Gopher Hole: Any offers yet? I know that it is so early, especially with the injury.

Ryan Boyle: No offers yet, but soon to come.

Gopher Hole: Do you play any other sports?

Ryan Boyle: Basketball, baseball, track and soccer.

Gopher Hole: What are going to be some of the main factors when you get to that point of picking a school that will make you pick that school over School B or C?

Ryan Boyle: Academic-wise. Obviously, the athletics here. The coaching staff and how the school meshes and feels like home.

Gopher Hole: Have you even thought about camps for next year yet?

Ryan Boyle: All the camps next year would be with the colleges who have the most interest in me, so I can go visit them and show them what I can do.

Gopher Hole: Do you come from an athletic family?

Ryan Boyle: My mom was actually a football player. She was really good. My father and stuff. My sister is talented and also my brother. I would say that we are an athletic family.

i can't remember the last time we got a qb out of iowa, let alone any recruit that the iowa schools offered that chose us instead. boyle is an intriguing prospect for sure.

Top Bottom