PWO long snapper Trey Hansen commits!

die hard gopher

Reaction score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>I am excited to commit to the University of Minnesota and continue my football career as a Golden Gopher
<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/SkiUMah?src=hash">#SkiUMah</a> 〽️? <a href="http://t.co/2eUGhBRXNf">pic.twitter.com/2eUGhBRXNf</a></p>— Trey Hansen™ (@TreyDog07) <a href="https://twitter.com/TreyDog07/status/553610158383710208">January 9, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Rated #7 LS by Kolhskicking

http://kohlskicking.com/recruiting/national-rating-system/snappers/2015

During the 2014 National Scholarship Camp, Trey Finished 4th and went 14/15 on LS and put 10 snaps through the target. He also made 1 Big Ball snap during the pressure round on Sunday morning. Trey ran a 4.8 second forty yard dash with 11 reps @ 185 lbs. on the bench press. At the 2014 Midwest SC event in May, Trey finished with an average snap time of .69 seconds and scored on 12/15 LS. During the live reps, Trey snapped the ball with good rotation and ball placement. He also went 4/4 in the elimination round to advance to the snap challenge finals. Trey attended the 2014 Underclassman Challenge in January where he finished camp with a .77 second average snap time and showed his ability to track the returner during a live coverage drill. Trey finished the 2013 MidWest SC in December with an average snap time of .74 seconds and was 1 of 4 finalists for the snap competition. He showed very good consistency during drill work and working live snaps with the punters. At the 2013 NSC Trey had a top 10 finish with an average snap time of .76 seconds, completed 5 reps @ 185 lbs and ran a 5.1 second forty yard dash. He put 4 snaps through the target and went 12/15 on SS. During the 2013 May Midwest SC Event Trey scored on 13/15 LS and averaged a .70 second snap time. His camp best was .67 coming on snap #3. During the SS drill segment Trey showed great accuracy and consistent snap speed. He finished 3rd overall with a score of 36/45 pts. Trey attended the December 2012 Midwest Showcase Event where he averaged a snap time of .76 seconds with a camp best of .73 coming on his 1st and 15th of the charted snaps. He scored on 10/15 long snaps and went 13/15 on his short snaps. Trey stays consistent from snap to snap with his mechanics and snap rotation and will benefit by not rushing his snap. Trey stays accurate to the target when he has to protect to the left or right in a pro style scheme.

"I can throw a football between my legs faster than you can overhand. #LongSnappersArePeopleToo 2⃣0⃣1⃣5⃣ University of Minnesota commit 〽️"

And the humor to go with the Special Teams group.

"I can throw a football between my legs faster than you can overhand. #LongSnappersArePeopleToo 2⃣0⃣1⃣5⃣ University of Minnesota commit 〽️"

And the humor to go with the Special Teams group.

I wonder if they put Mortell in charge of his recruitment. Welcome on board, a good long snapper is really important even if it is a position that typically doesn't get a lot of attention unless they mess up.

I wonder if they put Mortell in charge of his recruitment. Welcome on board, a good long snapper is really important even if it is a position that typically doesn't get a lot of attention unless they mess up.

Yup. Don't miss them till they are gone.

It's an important position and all, but the part about watching highlight film of a long snapper is a running joke over at GI. It has to be the least informative, most boring thing ever.

Welcome! You have an important position that people take for granted.

Welcome! You have an important position that people take for granted.

Exactly, people only notice you when you screw up. The last time I recall thinking about Cullen Loeffler was several years ago until the misfire that cost us at the end of the Vikes/Dolphins game. Hopefully his name doesn't come up for a few more years...

Highlight videos of long snappers. Now I've seen everything.

Don't laugh Shorty, a good long snapper can have a long a profitable career in the NFL. Even better yet is they tend to retire healthier than most of the other players.

Top Bottom