PUT MY MONEY WHERE MY MOUTH IS.

JOHN4254

Reaction score
I guess it is no secret on this Board that I am a confirmed Gopher football optimist, always have been, always will be. I don't apologize for that, I love watching college football, love Gopher football, especially now that my Gophers are back on campus and playing in a spiffy new outdoor football stadium with all the outdoor (Victory Walk, Tailgating) and indoor (McNamara Center) hoopla making the Game Day, University Campus excitement a reality, once again. For the Air Force Dedication Game, no tickets, so I just came over and hung around the McNamara Center watching the Gophers come from behind for the victory, in their spiffy new stadium, all the while stuffing my face with McFood. I HAD A GREAT DAY! During the next week, I managed to scrounge up tickets in the wheelchair portion of section 115, Row 32, and got to witness a great college football experience between Cal and the Gophers.

Over the winter and spring months I have written some very optimistic comments on this Board regarding the upcoming football season and many times predicting a successful season for my beloved Gophs. Last year, I thought long and hard about buying season tickets, but I just could not spare the money to do so. This spring I realized that I may not have that many more seasons to not buy tickets, and I wouldn't have any money, anyway, to take with me to the great beyond, so I finally decided to PUT MY MONEY WHERE MY MOUTH IS. So I called up the Gopher's Tickets Office, and two very nice young ladies, Jana and Jenna, helped me to pick out wheelchair and companion seats in section 117, Row 32, right next to the still boozeless student section. Stop by and say hello during the football season. I will be the person wearing Gopher Gold with a permanent smile etched on my mug. GO GOPHERS!

BTW, there are still new season tickets with no premium payment required. Call tomorrow.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!! Now that is flat out GREAT! Be sure to focus in on the Gopher Secondary and check out two young lads Carter and Watkins. They exemplify the kind of high end talent Coach Brewster and his staff are bringing to town to play for the Gophers. Notice that with Kim Royston, the Gophers will have three DBs that were ranked 14th, 41st and 42nd in the country by rivals coming out of high school their respective years. Carter and Watkins both joined in '09 and Royston is a senior captain. I do not believe we have had that much talent in the secondary at once ever. Should be fun. Enjoy!

Dude anyone who has actually followed the gophers program has to be a skeptic, otherwise you are just delusional. But at least you are not like 40% of this states sports fans who are all just bandwagon jumpers.

JOHN I LOVE YOUR ALL CAPS APPROACH TO THREADS. Truly though, that's a good story. I hope the season bodes well for you and the rest of us, and brings all of us some great surprises.

Delusional? Sure, in your opinion. Brew_recruit, you're a dink. I'm drankin the koolaid til my ears turn purple, then I'll drank a lil more. 1-11 or 11-1 be damned!

Gopher football is one of the few things in life that make me truly happy, and something I know will be there with me every day until the day I die. It represents this state and sets it apart from every other state in the union who participates in the FBS. I think this site is going to have to invest in a lifetime of baking soda to neutralize the toxic crap that gets plastered on this board from that there fella.

Hey John. Way to go!! "We" look forward to seeing you at TCF before and after the games. Maybe someday the young one can be there with you.

What's so delusional about supporting your team through thick and thin?

Nothing at all. I'm always optimistic about my Gophers. I always hope that the current season is the one that we'll turn it around. I will always feel that way.

Right on! This pumps me up. Swing by the East River Flats Tailgate and we'll have a beer.

Congrats John and enjoy those tickets!

Maybe we'll have a Gopher hole gathering over there before a game or at half time!

I love your attitude. Last season with the defense we had, I was a lot more positive. The problem was the offense last year and it was hrrible. The defense was on the field the whole time. This year unfortunately I'm not as optimistic.

Building "Gopher Nation" one member at a time! Welcome aboard John4254!

Absolutely nothing! I freely admit to being ridiculously optimistic about the Gophers. I'm drunk on maroon and gold kool-aid all day long! That's why I have student and adult season tickets. I want to have nice seats once my days as a student are finally done. I love football season.

Welcome to TCF Bank Stadium, John. Trust me, the student section is not boozeless. I'll share my giant Jack and Coke with you at a game. :)

I love your attitude. Last season with the defense we had, I was a lot more positive. The problem was the offense last year and it was hrrible. The defense was on the field the whole time. This year unfortunately I'm not as optimistic.

Were you optimistic last year? And Why? We have nine returning starters on offense this year and a host of higher rated, more athletic and faster young defensive players stepping up on defense. Isn't this what we have been waiting for? How can you not be optimistic this year if you were so last year?

A few birds with one stone.

I want to attempt to hit a few birds with one stone by responding to all of your nice comments with a single post. Stargenes, I share your excitement and enthusiasm for the upcoming Gopher football season, although I will be focusing on the defensive line with my men Captain Elect Brandon Kirksey, Big Jew Jew Edwards, and the Baby Bull, Ra'shede Hageman. Shede is my candidate for Big 10 Defensive Rookie of the Year. Remember, you read it here first.

Brew_recruit

Dude anyone who has actually followed the gophers program has to be a skeptic, otherwise you are just delusional. But at least you are not like 40% of this states sports fans who are all just bandwagon jumpers.

Dude, I have followed the Gopher football program for 57 years, and I can assure you that I am neither a skeptic, nor just delusional. I am what I am, a true Gopher football fan through thick or thin, win or lose, not some Johnny-come-lately who lives to criticize and tear down. I am going to steal from frozengopher here by quoting from his statement below, because he expresses my love of football, and the Gophers, batter than I ever could,
"Gopher football is one of the few things in life that make me truly happy, and something I know will be there with me every day until the day I die. It represents this state and sets it apart from every other state in the union who participates in the FBS." A sentiment you will never understand, Brew_recruit. frozen, gimme some of that koolaid, please.

Bayfield, don't worry, Buddy, I bought three, he will be there in Solid Gold with his kicking shoe on, just in case. We will be looking forward to seeing you before, during, and after the games.

gophermeister, and Kratos3,

Quote:
Originally Posted by gophmeister View Post
Nothing at all. I'm always optimistic about my Gophers. I always hope that the current season is the one that we'll turn it around. I will always feel that way.

Guys, once again you echo my thoughts and express my feelings much better than I. I am a very proud graduate of the University of Minnesota, Class of 69. My alma mater has given me a great education and the tools to succeed in life and in my chosen profession. Is there something inherently delusional or displaying warped thinking to be loyal to your school and its football team no matter what the win/loss record?. Is there something wrong with being optimistic and not losing hope for a better future? The answer to both questions, of course, is no. Loyalty is a quality and a virtue in very short supply in today's me generation. Without hope and optimism there is nothing to work hard for, or nothing to live for in the future, because failure is preordained according to the hopeless and the pessimists and other prophets of doom. I do not choose to drink from that cup of bitterness and bile.
I will remain loyal to my Gophers with hope and optimism for the future.

Bayfield, MplsHammer, Schnauzer, DarrenTheGreek, #2Gopher, Goldy247, let's all get together and party, before, during and after each Gopher game this fall, with enough victories to keep even Brew_recruit happy. pharmacy, you are invited representing the next generation of the terminally optimistic and Gopher Kool-Aid drinkers, but don't forget the Jack and Coke, please. Stargenes, you are the guest speaker, and Chief Cheerleader for this gathering. Please bring gold04 with you, we will teach him some optimism and hope for the future. I know you love this, Stargenes, so here goes once again, GO GOPHERS! ;) New

John4254: "Bayfield, don't worry, Buddy, I bought three, he will be there in Solid Gold with his kicking shoe on, just in case. We will be looking forward to seeing you before, during, and after the games."

This is just great! It made my day when I read where you were able to purchase season tix. I know no one that deserves the opportunity to once again watch the team you love so much.

I hope you and your family have a super 4th.

So I called up the Gopher's Tickets Office, and two very nice young ladies, Jana and Jenna, helped me to pick out wheelchair and companion seats in section 117, Row 32, right next to the still boozeless student section.

I work w/ Jenna all the time for my handicap football and hockey tickets, she's awesome. Anyways, congrats!

Thought I'd add onto a great thread by announcing I've indoctrinated 4 brand new gopher fans to the point of buying tickets for this year. Their recruitment was fostered through alot of rouser chants, beer, and good times both at the games and tailgating before and after. They are now hooked like the rest of us and will be at every game next year.

Top Bottom