Purdue now ranked 25

kg21

Reaction score
Gophers are not ranked. That Bowling Green loss just blows. I bet we'd in the teens somewhere without that loss. I would imagine it's great to tell a recruit about our rankings.

Iowa dropped to 11

Some here are really plugged into the polls all through the season. Others here — myself included — couldn't give two shits, especially this early in the year. There is a whole lot of football remaining to be played, and every week we see more than a few teams high in the rankings get knocked off their lofty perch.

So... I'm not worrying about it now. I'd rather let it play itself out. I'll start following the polls — avidly — after we play Iowa.

Damn, we’d probably get a couple five star verbals if we were ranked 17 this week. Iowa was ranked number 2, you don’t see four and five stars knocking down the door to go there.

I had the same thought, kg21. It's a shame, but that the Bowling Green game will probably have a disproportionate impact on our season. Right now we only have one more chance to tally a win against a ranked team. But we have a glaring loss against a team that had been in the ESPN Bottom Ten.

The transitive property does not apply here because the Gophers committed a mortal BGSU sin. Are they even ranked?

The Gophers beat a Purdue team, who then thumped on #2 Iowa in Iowa City. Now, Purdue is awarded a #25 for the dastardly deed of knocking off Iowa down to Earth.

I'd rather the Gophers remain unranked and stealthy, quietly winning games by close margins. Then, suddenly sneak up and snatch the B1G West title.

Some here are really plugged into the polls all through the season. Others here — myself included — couldn't give two shits, especially this early in the year. There is a whole lot of football remaining to be played, and every week we see more than a few teams high in the rankings get knocked off their lofty perch.

So... I'm not worrying about it now. I'd rather let it play itself out. I'll start following the polls — avidly — after we play Iowa.
Exactly, who cares? We don’t deserve to be in top 25 at this point and doesn’t matter, win and it will all work out. Should Iowa have been #2? With everything that has happened so far this year, sure. We’re they the #2 team in the country? No way in hell.

I actually believed the Trains could beat the Cockeyes this weekend. I thought last week’s game against the trains was so fun in an almost hurricane, but they were actually damn good (Carr), and we battled like hell to sneak it out.

Trains actually have a decent record and solid SOS, except us 😂, and beat the (#2 🙄) team in the country.

We just need to keep winning (Maryland) and it will all work out.

Lastly, I promise, the BG lose was so gross, but non conference, so short handed and really doesn’t matter. What we do going forward does. We shall see

Exactly, who cares? We don’t deserve to be in top 25 at this point and doesn’t matter, win and it will all work out. Should Iowa have been #2? With everything that has happened so far this year, sure. We’re they the #2 team in the country? No way in hell.

I actually believed the Trains could beat the Cockeyes this weekend. I thought last week’s game against the trains was so fun in an almost hurricane, but they were actually damn good (Carr), and we battled like hell to sneak it out.

Trains actually have a decent record and solid SOS, except us 😂, and beat the (#2 🙄) team in the country.

We just need to keep winning (Maryland) and it will all work out.

Lastly, I promise, the BG lose was so gross, but non conference, so short handed and really doesn’t matter. What we do going forward does. We shall see
Blink twice if you are ok bro

Wisconsin will fix this next week. Wouldn't lose any sleep over it. If Gophers take care of business for the next three weeks then they'll get a pity ranking ahead of the Iowa game.

Wisconsin will fix this next week. Wouldn't lose any sleep over it. If Gophers take care of business for the next three weeks then they'll get a pity ranking ahead of the Iowa game.

Because there will be 25 other 7-2 power 5 teams? Those numbers don't add up.

We lost as 31-point favorites at home. We simply don’t deserve to be ranked.

We lost as 31-point favorites at home. We simply don’t deserve to be ranked.
We also won by 30 as road dogs… if you take out our best and worst performances… our other 4 games are the work of a team that should be getting votes. Maybe not top 25, but at least getting votes.

I hope Purdue wins out and keeps being considered a good team. It makes that win all the better. I remember a couple of weeks ago, this board was having to talk some of the folks into celebrating. Now, that same game was a win against a top 25 Big 10 team on the road.

We also won by 30 as road dogs… if you take out our best and worst performances… our other 4 games are the work of a team that should be getting votes. Maybe not top 25, but at least getting votes.
Well, apparently every single person who votes disagrees with you. IIRC, the BG loss was the 2nd worst loss in the last 10-years of CFB. We have a long ways to go before we “deserve votes”, IMO.

Well, apparently every single person who votes disagrees with you. IIRC, the BG loss was the 2nd worst loss in the last 10-years of CFB. We have a long ways to go before we “deserve votes”, IMO.
Literally the same week Wisconsin lost by ~30 as 4 point favorites. We both underperformed Vegas line by 34. Bama was the first #1 to lose to an unranked team in a fair bit… anyone can have a bad game. I get no voters gave us votes. I’m just saying that’s not what we “deserve”.

Yep, that BG loss is going to hurt us in the polls....is what it is in the long run....only polls that really matter are the ones at the end of the year anyway.

Im surprised Bama only dropped to #5 after their loss. I was thinking around 7-8 would have been a good landing place

Literally the same week Wisconsin lost by ~30 as 4 point favorites. We both underperformed Vegas line by 34. Bama was the first #1 to lose to an unranked team in a fair bit… anyone can have a bad game. I get no voters gave us votes. I’m just saying that’s not what we “deserve”.
Losing as 31-point favorites (at home) is not the same thing as losing by 30 as 4-point favorites. Again, our loss was the second worse in 10-years in all of CFB. We got the exact number of votes that we deserved. That’s just the truth of the matter.

Top Bottom