Purdue negative recruiting

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
Not a surprise but crazy to be so open about it.

The story doesn't touch on Irving and Jackson being promoted as a package deal before committing to the U. That's the only part that makes it more worrisome to me.

Years ago at a Friday luncheon Glen Mason talked at length about this. It does not work. Does not work in life, business or recruiting. Speaking negatively as a strategy to gain the recruit only works on those who live life the same way an in the end the kids who flip there probably wouldn't work here.

That letter is just embarrassing from a professional standpoint. If that appeals to a player (ie dropping a F$ck in the middle of it), that's probably not someone who's going to mesh in PJs environment. If that's the program they want to run out of Purdue, good luck with that. It isn't going to work long-term when you continue to cellar dwell.

No way mentally, academically, socially, and athletically can compete with academically, athletically, spiritually, and socially.

We got spirit. Yeah, lets’s hear it.

RTB and Ski-U-Mah!
PJF
#stackthedeck21

I'm a frightened old man and confused.

Can someone tell me what I'm looking at?
I think it's kinda like political attack ads, where rather than focusing on making yourself look like the best by calling out all your achievements and whatnot you do it by making the other option look bad.

I think what the letter was implying was something like this:

"Look, we gave you our pitch that we're the best. There's nothing more to say, but hey we'll support your decision 100% even if it's the wrong one."

Am I missing something? Was there an implication that PJ would abandoned the program and go to the NFL?

I'm surprised he didn't tell him he "thinks about him a lot. A whole lot" like Tom Crean.
Yeah I thought about that too. At least Crean didn't drop an f-bomb and make it sound like he was guilting the guy.

Not a surprise but crazy to be so open about it.

Brohm is a cut from the same cloth as Frosty IMO- both of them are former glory boy players with morals of baby seal killers who can't coach and will get their just desserts once they're unemployed!

If one of Fleck's staff cursed in a letter to a high school recruit, like Purdue's coach did, Fleck would fire them and me man enough to apologize.

You can't buy class - that's the great thing about it.

The word, Slime, comes to mind. I agree with Glen, not the way to go about things. Especially, troubling when you realize they are talking to high school kids and going to be their father figure role models teaching them life principles to live by for four years. Disgusting actually.

The word, Slime, comes to mind. I agree with Glen, not the way to go about things. Especially, troubling when you realize they are talking to high school kids and going to be their father figure role models teaching them life principles to live by for four years. Disgusting actually.
I'm sure Purdue as an academic institution loves that this is what's going out with their name on it

I think it's kinda like political attack ads, where rather than focusing on making yourself look like the best by calling out all your achievements and whatnot you do it by making the other option look bad.

I think what the letter was implying was something like this:

"Look, we gave you our pitch that we're the best. There's nothing more to say, but hey we'll support your decision 100% even if it's the wrong one."
So like Purdue made and posted a fake letter?

The fact the guy would publicly post it says a lot about their insecurities IMO.

There's no doubt this goes on regularly in the college football world.

It sucks and it's unethical.

With that said, I find the wording in this case hilarious. Can almost picture Hodges sobbing uncontrollably while writing "I don't know what else I need to do to convince you to come here!" and "The love I have for you is unreal!" and "I only want what is best for you!"

Absolutely freaking hilarious...incredibly pathetic...but still hilarious.

There's no doubt this goes on regularly in the college football world.

It sucks and it's unethical.

With that said, I find the wording in this case hilarious. Can almost picture Hodges sobbing uncontrollably while writing "I don't know what else I need to do to convince you to come here!" and "The love I have for you is unreal!" and "I only want what is best for you!"

Absolutely freaking hilarious...incredibly pathetic...but still hilarious.

Someone is going to show up at this kids house with a boombox playing one school song or the other!

Reactions: MRJ

Someone is going to show up at this kids house with a boombox playing one school song or the other!
Cusack seems like a Illini fan to me.
For the younger generation:
tenor.gif

Nice to have another school to dislike. Ever since Purdue hired Brohm, I’ve looked forward to playing them.

I hate Twitter, can someone please paste exactly, the "meat" of this big Purdue smear is ?

I hate Twitter, can someone please paste exactly, the "meat" of this big Purdue smear is ?
Same. I looked at it the other day though. The letter says something like “we want you to Boiler up, not Ski u whatever-the-fuck that is.” Not sure if Brohm or one of his towel boys wrote it. Brohm’s hate boner for PJ is pathetic. But at least we get to hate Purdue now.

Top Bottom