Purdue may be down four coaches

swingman

Reaction score
Purdue assistant offensive line coach Neil Callaway is retiring, a source told GoldandBlack.com today.

Callaway joined the Boilermaker staff in 2020 as an offensive analyst. He had coached offensive lines at USC, Western Kentucky, Georgia and Alabama--among other stops--during a lengthy career. He was head coach at UAB from 2007-11.

Purdue is already replacing co-defensive coordinator/linebackers coach Brad Lambert, who left to be the defensive coordinator at Wake Forest. It's believed Purdue cornerbacks coach James Adams may join Lambert at Wake Forest.

There also have been reports that Purdue co-offensive coordinator/receivers coach JaMarcus Shephard could be on the move with possible destinations being Notre Dame or Washington as receivers coach.

Leaving a co-offensive coordinator/receivers coach role in the Big Ten to take a Receivers coach job somewhere else would be concerning to me if I were a fan of theirs. Obviously there could be a lot more to it but if that is accurate that would be a downgrade/lateral move as opposed to a promotion.

Leaving a co-offensive coordinator/receivers coach role in the Big Ten to take a Receivers coach job somewhere else would be concerning to me if I were a fan of theirs. Obviously there could be a lot more to it but if that is accurate that would be a downgrade/lateral move as opposed to a promotion.
I was thinking the same thing. The Brohm "coaching tree" is more like an undergound weed.

I was thinking the same thing. The Brohm "coaching tree" is more like an undergound weed.
Hey, let's use the official School of Ag term: "coaching rhizome..."

Wiki says: "Rhizomes are also called creeping rootstalks."

That's just creepy to read. Like Brohm.

Think they have any interest in any of our PJ Flecks?

Top Bottom