Purdue Game Predictions

MGGopher

Reaction score
I'm curious what people think. I'm going with Minnesota 24-20.
  • Defense shuts down the run completely (no surprise against PU)
  • D gets 4 sacks
  • Potts goes for 150 (as usual)
  • Morgan throws for 200
  • Sanford calls a pass 40% of the time on 1st and 2nd downs
  • More RPO and play-action -- less straight dropback
  • BSF and Wright are more heavily involved
  • At least one deep shot connect
  • Uncomfortably close, but Gophers pull it out with a late stop

I'm curious what people think. I'm going with Minnesota 24-20.
  • Defense shuts down the run completely (no surprise against PU)
  • D gets 4 sacks
  • Potts goes for 150 (as usual)
  • Morgan throws for 200
  • Sanford calls a pass 40% of the time on 1st and 2nd downs
  • More RPO and play-action -- less straight dropback
  • BSF and Wright are more heavily involved
  • At least one deep shot connect
  • Uncomfortably close, but Gophers pull it out with a late stop
Purdue will have a gameplan to stop the run like BG did....Our defense will play solid but will give up some passing plays....Low scoring game....The question remains will Fleck/Sanford commit to running even if it is not working and be forced to pass in obvious pass downs?..If that is the case Purdue wins by 10.

Gophers 31
Purdon't 21

Purdue will have a gameplan to stop the run like BG did....Our defense will play solid but will give up some passing plays....Low scoring game....The question remains will Fleck/Sanford commit to running even if it is not working and be forced to pass in obvious pass downs?..If that is the case Purdue wins by 10.
Agreed. I'm hoping they got enough heat after BG that they find a way to "change their best". I just hope their best is good enough. That game really took a lot of steam out of me. I feel they should win by 10, but after BG they could lose by 21.

So, in that thought I'll go with neither. I'll go with the good guys 31-18.

Purdue wins by a landslide since we cant make adjustment. Gonna be RUTM all day!

Okay after last weeks debacle, I'm going to step out on a very small limb here and predict:
Gophers 45
Boilers 10

Annexstad gets a taste is my prediction… Either up big or offense struggles.

Offenses struggle some, but Gophers generate enough positive plays to control the flow of the game and win 24-17.

PJ Fleck always finds a way to beat Purdue and I think they right the ship and come back pissed off. I will call it Gophers: 27 Purdue: 21.

This game will tell you a lot how the rest of the season is going to go - it's actually a very important game for us. Let's just hope that the Tanner Morgan of 2019 shows up because he really lit up the Boilermakers when they tried to stack the box.

The Gophers put some awful film out there last week with a very clear weakness.
I don't trust Sanford to have a plan to fix it in a week.

Purdue 27
Gophers 13

Brohm and perdew fixin’ to eat.
licking-lips.gif

Perdew 38 - Gophers 10

Since the Gophs play well every third game so far... I'm waiting until next week to predict a win.

Purdue 19

Gophs 17.

For those predicting a Purdue blowout I am curious where this magical Purdue offense is going to come from. They have managed a whopping 26 points over the past two weeks and are dealing with lots of injuries on that side of the ball. Oh and there is the little piece where our Defense is actually playing really well also.

Predicting a close game with Purdue winning is one thing but anyone predicting a blowout is way overreacting to last week and not paying attention to what is really going on with the teams.

The press conference was ridiculous about needing CAB to beat Bowling Green, but I'm saying if CAB plays a full game here we get the W. Tanner needs him.

Minneosta Run Defense has allowed just 3 total yards over the last 2 games.
Does Purdue have a healthy RB this week? or a QB?

I see the Gophers winning this one 31-10

SP + has Purdue by 1.5...28-27 type game

I like Gophs by three scores

Pregame I'll probably scramble up some cheesy eggs or make a few breakfast burritos, and wash them down with a few cups of freshly brewed coffee with some Kahlua or Irish cream added.

Gophers 31
Purdue 21

This will cause Purdue fans to ask themselves "How did we lose to a Minnesota team that lost to BG?!?!?"

Purdue wins 5/7 sim games from Massey they list the gophers at a 32% chance to win

Capture.PNG

If they are true to form a good game followed by a bad game followed by a good game Gophers 24 Purdue 7.

Assuming the Purdue coaches are not idiots, I expect to see Purdue throw everything but the kitchen sink at the Gophers: blitzes, twists, stunts, jam the receivers, etc.

if the Gophers can consistently get themselves into 2nd-and-short or 3rd-and-short situations, they can win.

but, if the Gophers are looking at 2nd-and-long or 3rd-and-long too often, I can see Purdue winning.

My concern - the conservative coaches will go for max protection schemes - keep more people in to block, and only have 1 or 2 receivers running routes. if they can't get open, things could get messy.

Top Bottom