Purdue doing it's best Gopher impression

Reaction score
Back-up PG Kelsey Barlow suspended for the rest of the year (likely gone for good) and another guard John Hart re-injured his foot (similar injury to Nolen) and is likely done for the season as well. That leaves Purdue with 9 scholarship players and 3 of them (Bade, Carroll, and Marcius) see very limited minutes.

I hope you didn't have the Boilers going far in your bracket.

If Purdue goes anywhere, credit Matt Painter.

They do have enough to beat St. Peter's and the Georgetown/VCU winner but that might be it. My pessimistic Purdue always choking attitude is taking over, but I guess it's possible to make a run with 6-7 players. OSU only goes 6-7 deep but their "role" players are much much much better than Purdue's.

Hopefully the officiating will let some plays go because foul trouble could be the killer. Maybe Smith will be able to continually foul the guy he's defending. ;) As long as Moore and Johnson are healthy and play well Purdue could still have a good tourney.

Think about what you just said Dr Don.

Beej, I did before I said it. We may agree to disagree, but I still believe Painter is one of the best, and will be for years to come at Purdon't.

al nolen> kelsey barlow 420>John Hart Maurice Walker>any post not named Jajuan

Back-up PG Kelsey Barlow suspended for the rest of the year (likely gone for good) and another guard John Hart re-injured his foot (similar injury to Nolen) and is likely done for the season as well. That leaves Purdue with 9 scholarship players and 3 of them (Bade, Carroll, and Marcius) see very limited minutes.

I hope you didn't have the Boilers going far in your bracket.

Yeah, except Purdue was competing for the Big 10 title, made it into the tourney as a 3 seed, and only just now had someone go down.

We ALMOST made it to conference play before our first season-ending injury with Mo Walker going down against SDSU I think. I think the equivalent for us would be making the tournament as a 5 or 6 seed with all 3 of Nolen, Joseph, and Walker still playing, and then losing Austin Hollins, a solid player, but we could take the hit and not be too much worse off. Not the same as losing both of your veteran PG's not even halfway through conference play.

But I understand the comparison, losing players, not having as many playable guys as you'd hoped, just not even close to the same impact it had on us.

Final Four :( UUUUGGGGGGHHHHHHHH! Come on Johnson and Moore ... time to raise that draft status!

I got a text message from my buddy who is Robbie Hummel's relative at 6AM this morning telling me this. I told all my friends in my bracket at about noon.

I got a text message from my buddy who is Robbie Hummel's relative at 6AM this morning telling me this. I told all my friends in my bracket at about noon.

Hart was actaully medically cleared to play tomorrow but who knows what that really means. I've been told he's very questionable at best. He hasn't contributed much lately. As for Barlow, that all went down on Tuesday already. His career at Purdue is likely over from what I've been told.

Hart was actaully medically cleared to play tomorrow but who knows what that really means. I've been told he's very questionable at best. He hasn't contributed much lately. As for Barlow, that all went down on Tuesday already. His career at Purdue is likely over from what I've been told.

Didn't get a ton of info on it from my guy, just that he was out. If I hear anything I will blab it everywhere ;) Indefinite is the word I have heard used.

Top Bottom