@Purdue 2:30pm NBC

So - I could have sworn that at one point, it was announced that the Gopher-Purdue game was going to be on Peacock.

Yeah - found it. back in August, Brett McMurphy tweeted out a list of B1G games that were going to be Peacock exclusives, and the Gopher-Purdue game was on the list with an 11am kickoff.

so either he was wrong or somebody decided to make a change in the schedule. Now, the Gophers could be one of those deals where they show it on both NBC and Peacock.

I'm still thinking about getting at least a one-month subscription because a couple of Gopher men's basketball games will be on Peacock in November.

This is beyond weird that we are getting zero 11 am Big Ten games. I wouldn't mind one, especially when it is on the road.
It's a result of NBC/Peacock getting getting multiple Big 10 games of inventory, and they appear to primarily want to show games in the late afternoon & prime time windows. Their only other college football telecasts are ND home games.

When those Big 10 games were on the ABC/ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU family, they pushed several (at least 1 per week) to 11am. They needed the late afternoon window for other games/programming, especially west of the Central Time Zone.

Feels like the only 11am games are Fox's Big Noon premier matchup, and 1 maybe 2 more on BTN.

Of course this could all change next year with the 4 PAC 12 teams joining the frey and CBS getting a weekly game. I will also be curious how many 9 PM starts there will be.

Peacock sucks. Glad we don't really have any games on there.
I watch Premier League soccer on it all the time and works fine for that. It sucks that you can't DVR stuff from it though.

Top Bottom