Pulley Update

tjgopher

Reaction score
I noticed that the Pulley 15-under team finished 2nd at the Jayhawk Invitational this weekend. Two guys were all-tourney. One was Syomi Chambers, who we've heard about before. The other is Isiah Zierden. Is that Don Zierden's kid? Is he a potential future Gopher? Seems we have an "in" if that is indeed his son. Looks like both guys had big games throughout. These guys would be 10th graders this coming year, correct?

Siyani is an absolute beast. The only question mark for him is that he is only 5'9. He will probably be a mid to high major player in my opinion.

Yes he'll be a sophomore...anything can happen from now up untill his senior year as far as growing and skill progression goes, but as far as I know he's a very good prospect.

Thanks, but I had previously heard about Chambers and he's been discussed on this board. What about Zierden? Is he a prospect? And, is he Don Zierden's son? I have not seen him discussed here. I would think a local 15-year old who makes the all-tourney team for a national tourney has to have some upside.

I noticed that the Pulley 15-under team finished 2nd at the Jayhawk Invitational this weekend. Two guys were all-tourney. One was Syomi Chambers, who we've heard about before. The other is Isiah Zierden. Is that Don Zierden's kid? Is he a potential future Gopher? Seems we have an "in" if that is indeed his son. Looks like both guys had big games throughout. These guys would be 10th graders this coming year, correct?

I saw both Chambers and Zierden (Yes, Don's son) play a number of times during the high school basketball season, and let me tell you, these two youngsters are for real.

Chambers cracked the Hopkins rotation as an 8th-grader. As a freshman in 08-09, I noticed right off the bat that he has a quick first step and decent range. He should just right in and start at PG for Hopkins next season with Marcus Williams gone to graduation.

Zierden didn't start for Benilde-St. Margaret's in 08-09, but when he came off the bench, he was going to do one thing: Shoot the ball from downtown. Benilde had a lot of good shooters, and Zierden was right up there with the best on the team. He's got above average height for his position, but really skinny (as most freshman are). He's only going to get better and better under his father's tutelage.

Top Bottom