Providence Junior Michael Warren Has Minnesota, Boston College and Notre Dame On List

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Providence Junior Michael Warren Has Minnesota, Boston College and Notre Dame On List
By Chris Monter

http://www.gopherhole.com/news_article/show/126414?referrer_id=331171

Michael Warren, a 6-foot-4, 260 junior pound offensive/defensive lineman from Providence Academy, figures to be one of the state’s most highly recruited players in the Class of 2013. He was just one of two juniors named to the second team Associated Press All-State. GopherHole.com caught up with Warren to learn the latest on his recruitment.

Warren helped lead the Lions to a 10-3 mark as they lost to eventual state champion St. Croix Lutheran 58-29 in the Class AAA semifinals. They finished in a three-way tie in the Tri-Metro West Conference..

GopherHole.com caught up with Warren to learn the latest on his recruitment.

GH: You had a very good year. How pleased were you with how well you played?

Michael Warren: I thought we had a great season. We went a lot farther than we thought we would, but we also believed that we could go that far. Overall, even though we lost to St. Croix, we felt it was a great season.

GH: Providence Academy is a relatively new school and this was their best season ever. That has to make you feel very proud to be a part of that?

Michael Warren: Yes. I love my team. I’m proud of everyone on that team and I am very proud to be a part of that team.

GH: Do you have a lot of seniors on your team? What are the expectations for next season and have you talked about trying to get back to the Dome next year?

Michael Warren: We obviously want to get back to the dome next year. We’ll do fine on the offensive line. We only lose one senior, but most of our defense, our linebackers, our cornerbacks, that is we are going to have the most damage. Our wide receiver and Marshall Klitzke ( a senior running back who was named second team Associated Press All-State).

GH: What things are you working on now to continue to improve yourself as a player?

Michael Warren: Footwork and speed. On D line, using my hands. Moves and speed rushes.

GH: I know that it is still early, but what schools are you starting to hear from?

Michael Warren: The biggest schools would be the U of M, Notre Dame and Boston College and some smaller schools.

GH: Have you though about what football camps you would like to attend this summer?

Michael Warren: I want to go back to the Big Man Camp at the U of M. Last year, for the first year, I went to the Notre Dame camp and that is where I feel that I really got noticed. I got an e-mail from Boston College, asking me to come up this winter to get evaluated and go to a football camp this summer. Those are three schools that I really want to go to.

GH: You throw the shot put and discus. Do you think that helps you with your footwork and strength for football?

Michael Warren: Yes. The power stance for shot put really helps me with having quick feet, especially on the full spin of the discus.

Good stuff. Haven't heard much from him, but hopefully he wants to stay home and contribute to the resurrecting of the program!

I love his answers from the team perspective rather than individual accomplishments...very good sign IMO.

Top Bottom