Projected Gavitt Games Pairings

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
Last year the pairings were announced May 14. so we should hear something in roughly the next three weeks.

Big East Home Games
Michigan State @ Marquette
GOPHERS @ Georgetown
Penn State @ Butler
Purdue @ Seton Hall

B1G Home Games
Providence @ Iowa
Saint John's @ Northwestern
Villanova @ Michigan
Xavier @ Ohio State

If projection of Gophers playing a Gavitt Games road game is correct, the mostly likely breakdown of their non-conference schedule would be as follows:

7 home (ACC Challenge the headliner)
2 road (Utah, Gavitt Games)
2 neutral (vs. Oklahoma in Sioux Falls, vs. Oklahoma State in Tulsa)

Preferably, one of the other 6 home games is the start of a home & home vs. a Power 6 or notable program.

Last edited:

@Georgetown is an interesting trip....love DC.

Yep. If timing works, it's a great use of frequent flyer miles. Do they play all of their home games in Verizon or is there a smaller on-campus arena?

most at Capital One Arena

I like the Gavitt Games a lot. Playing Georgetown is OK, but I'd like to play Marquette, or even Creighton. We already played at Providence as a non- Gavitt game and that was even pretty exciting. ( we won, crowd was rabid in Prov. RI, got all over Pitino, an Alum)

I like the Gavitt Games a lot. Playing Georgetown is OK, but I'd like to play Marquette, or even Creighton. We already played at Providence as a non- Gavitt game and that was even pretty exciting. ( we won, crowd was rabid in Prov. RI, got all over Pitino, an Alum)
Providence was a cavity game. If we get G'Town continues the streak of playing real Big East teams in this event

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OK, I forgot it was a Gavitt game, but it was entertaining. The crowd was whining all night and in the face of the bench and Pitino. More security was needed. A much more exiting environment than the typical NW or Rutgers road game.

Top Bottom