Program perception for recruits

akgo4

Reaction score
Win or lose, I think the Bowl Game helps us. Minnesota has always had the reputation of being a great academic institution. We have had successful athletic teams everywhere except football (this statement depends on how you define "success"). Now, Maxx Williams, Our defensive play, David Cobb, etc - The Coaching Staff develops talent that is ready for the NFL. Recruits see that, and I don't mean 4 and 5 star recruits. Coach Kill said very early on that he wanted multi-sport athletes and hidden hems. He is finding those kids and turning them into players. I complained yesterday because I don't think he should have vocalized what he did at half-time - that is water under the bridge now. I see what has been created. Somebody can say "I'm drinking the Kool Aide". If a person wants to say that fine. I see what we are doing as maximizing talent and being successful. I see the hope in this program. We will always have to win by working hard, and I'm glad of it. Hard work is fun to watch and keeps you in games that you may not normally win.

Top Bottom