Profoundly discouraging

I wouldn't be so sure about March at all. We'll have to win nine of seventeen Big Ten games now and that's not a certainty. I'd say it's likely, but unless we can improve our discipline on the court, we may not. Joseph continues to blast away like this year's Westbrook while the best three point shooter in the conference too seldom is fed a shot. We have three strong big men but quit pushing the ball inside after a couple of early tries. Williams is a mystery. Wisconsin has a nice team and deserved tonight's win -- but we can do better with this lineup. We need to learn from their discipline.

Blake is harrassed by defenders. We got to the hoop many times as players are instructed, "you don't leave Hoff for ANY reason" We need to make teams pay for that, we did in the first half. Not as much in the second half. I'd also like to see some "Ray Allen - like" screens set for Blake to get open with his quick release. Devoe is often given decent looks, that if they go in (which they do a lot for him) MN wins the game. Tonight they just didn't.

Actually, I was more encouraged with the way we played than discouraged. No, we didn't get the win, but we looked quite a bit better than we have the few weeks. Keep in mind, not even national champions Duke won at Kohl last year.

Many issues to address, but overall; I was happy with our effort, grit, etc. Just didn't play as smart as we needed to, and they hit every big shot that they needed to in order to win.

I agree. When we went down 10 in the second, I thought we were roasted and on the way to a pretty embarrassing loss. But we fought back to set ourselves up with a chance to win.

Overall, I thought we played pretty well. But pretty well isn't quite good enough to win at the Kohl Center, as we saw.

I agree. When we went down 10 in the second, I thought we were roasted and on the way to a pretty embarrassing loss. But we fought back to set ourselves up with a chance to win.

Overall, I thought we played pretty well. But pretty well isn't quite good enough to win at the Kohl Center, as we saw.

Agreed...They didn't fold when really down. They stayed in it, but I think that feeling in my stomach as I watched the game last night had something to do with the fact that Taylor was taking ownership in that game, and none of the Gophs were doing likewise. Last year, Westbrook took that ownership and was just plain MONEY down the stretch. No one wearing maroon & gold took over and countered Taylor.

Oh well, rough start to another tough season on the road in the Big Ten.

Go Gophers!

Top Bottom