Pro Football Focus has Gophs in top 25, best in West

Predicting the future of any team based on new players, new schedule, unknown depth, injuries, etc is not my definition of data-driven.
But dream on for this is the season of unbridled optimism.

Predicting the future of any team based on new players, new schedule, unknown depth, injuries, etc is not my definition of data-driven.
methinks that if the order were different, you would embrace the message

Illinois lost a ton. If they end up near the top of the conference, we'll really know that Bielema has something cooking.

#24 in nation.

Illini 26, Hawks 27, Tarheels 29, Badgers 39, Boilers 44, Sparty 46.
This rank grouping is probably close to accurate. If Michigan State finishes that low, Mel’s seat will be getting hot.

I guess how is this different than anything else in college football. We have one guy from 247 do an assessment of a player and he provides a rating be that 5, 4 or 3 Star and most take it as gospel what this kid's talent level is.

Tucker has something like 7 years left at 9.5 mil a year guaranteed. Hard to believe they'd fire him soon.
True, and that’s MSU paying too much too soon. Still, they aren’t paying that much to finish in the bottom half of the conference.

Always fun to click on the PFF College twitter feed after something like this. The Wisky & Iowa fans just hate seeing MN listed above them.

Tucker has something like 7 years left at 9.5 mil a year guaranteed. Hard to believe they'd fire him soon.
They will wait and cook out some of his buy-out money.

Win the West

This is probably what matters most in 2023, to my way of thinking. This is the last opportunity to win something that has just barely eluded the Gophers' grasp recently. A trip to Indianapolis would be a huge accomplishment with this tough schedule, and it will be especially impressive if the Gophers play close matches vs. the likes of Ohio State and Michigan

I also found this part to be quite fascinating:

#24 in nation.

Illini 26, Hawks 27, Tarheels 29, Badgers 39, Boilers 44, Sparty 46.

If these projected national rankings by PFF turn out to be even close to accurate, it flies in the face of the narrative that the B1G West is a 'weak' division. Not a powerhouse, certainly; but quite respectable and highly competitive if it indeed plays out this way.

That’ll be sweet if we get recognized in the two upcoming official top 25 preseason polls.

Once we’re on there, it’s ours to lose.

Sounds like you're talking about neb or wis

Basically PFF is saying everyone starts where they ended up last year until we see something different. Many algorithmic systems had the Gophers #4 in the Big Ten last year.

No magical assumptions that Fickell will be a year-one superstar, or that Nebraska will suddenly rise to the upper division because they are due. No questionable assumptions that Illinois was a fluke. No adjusting for schedules or predicted records.

13uchl.jpgBasically PFF is saying everyone starts where they ended up last year until we see something different. Many algorithmic systems had the Gophers #4 in the Big Ten last year.

No magical assumptions that Fickell will be a year-one superstar, or that Nebraska will suddenly rise to the upper division because they are due. No questionable assumptions that Illinois was a fluke. No adjusting for schedules or predicted records.

Top Bottom