Preston Jelen awarded a scholarship

Congrats Preston! Well deserved!

Apparently there's also a partially constructed house, a M&G bat signal, and Daniel Faalele's #78 in enormous letters in the room too.

This is great. Does anyone know anything about his injury?

This is great. Does anyone know anything about his injury?
Nope, but guessing probably ACL or something along those lines as there wasn't anything super obvious to look at him.

These videos are always awesome. Rank right up there with military homecoming surprises.

Nope, but guessing probably ACL or something along those lines as there wasn't anything super obvious to look at him.

These videos are always awesome. Rank right up there with military homecoming surprises.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. He didn't have a limp, so I thought ACL. Did they say it was a leg injury?

Okay, if that doesn't make you tear up, nothing well.

PJ has proven that if you work hard, have a great attitude, contribute to the team, you will earn a scholarship. I would think it would help recruiting further walk-on..

Al

Congrats Preston! Well deserved!

Apparently there's also a partially constructed house, a M&G bat signal, and Daniel Faalele's #78 in enormous letters in the room too.
the 78 is 78% I believe...his thing about the four things if done 78% of the time, equate to a win.

I'm a little biased and a homer.. but I don't know if there is anyone who makes this more special for his players than p.j.
I love these videos

PJ has proven that if you work hard, have a great attitude, contribute to the team, you will earn a scholarship. I would think it would help recruiting further walk-on..

Al. It goes hand-in-hand with the Gopher culture that promotes hard work. It pays off long after graduation. It is sweeter when a scholarship is earned.

The Gophers are doing an outstanding job with their PWO Program. They reward hard work and achievements on and off the playing field. It is getting more notoriety when multiple scholarships are awarded to PWOs annually. It got the attention of Derik Lecaptain in the 2019 recruiting class.

Despite rushing for 5,122 yards, making 400 tackles, and 10 interceptions at Southern Door HS in Brussels, WI, he had one offer from South Dakota.

They will get unheralded players from lesser-known schools or conferences, or late bloomers. This is how the Gophers make the program stronger with quality kids across the board.

Hearing the scholarship announcements with flair never gets old.

It is hard to fathom PJ Fleck's attention to detail. The personalized attention he gives to each player is worth noting. As @fw_horn_32 has said, there are a lot of high-handed behind-the-scenes efforts going on that the public never hears of.

We can look forward to the future of the program with optimism that we have not experienced in quite a while.

Last edited:

From Prior Lake as well!
Started posting here a few years ago when my friends son was a walk on from prior lake. Super happy for Preston getting a scholarship, bummed he is injured. My son played lacrosse with him at prior lake. Great kid. Workout fiend..

Top Bottom