Northwestern
@Purdue
@Michigan State
Penn State
USC
Iowa
@Wisconsin
Ohio State

the third easiest game is against a 10 win team that returns almost every starter. That is perhaps the toughest schedule that a Big Ten team has faced the past 5 years if all those teams are as as good as expected.

The Gophers play what is probably the hardest schedule in the nation this year. If they can win 7+ games against this slate, the future looks bright.

Ohio State's schedule is just as tough.

home vs. Miami (FL) (#12)
@ #9 Wisconsin
@ #5 Iowa
home vs #14 Penn State

Not to mention Penn State plays Alabama in Tuscaloosa this year ... although they do miss the Badgers in the BT slate.

I'm definitely excited about our home schedule. Hopefully we have an unusually warm year so I don't freeze my itty bitty southern toes!

I'm definitely excited about our home schedule. Hopefully we have an unusually warm year so I don't freeze my itty bitty southern toes!

Nomination for gayest post of the year.

Ohio State and Penn State don't have to play themselves, which eliminates 1 good team that the gophers play. Ohio State and Penn State don't miss out on Michigan and Indiana, who happen to be 2 of the 3 worst teams in the conference 2 years running.

Nomination for gayest post of the year.

I'm sorry I couldn't hear you over my playlist.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TyWi8TKhER0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TyWi8TKhER0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Ohio State and Penn State don't have to play themselves, which eliminates 1 good team that the gophers play. Ohio State and Penn State don't miss out on Michigan and Indiana, who happen to be 2 of the 3 worst teams in the conference 2 years running.

I agree. Michigan looked absolutely terrible at the Dome 2 years ago.

I agree. Michigan looked absolutely terrible at the Dome 2 years ago.

They did against everyone other than Minnesota. There is a reason that was the worst season for Michigan since 1962. If you don't think Michigan has been a bottom 3 team in the conference the last 2 years you have not been watching Big Ten football.

So what? That's why you play the games m'boy!

The biggest difference is that Michigan has the talent to beat anyone on any given Saturday. Their coach is just a dick (no pun intended).

Are you seriously trying to argue that the schedule would be equally as tough if the gophers missed Michigan State and Purdue instead of Indiana and Michigan? Because they have to play those games too. You always have to play the games, the difference is, when you have two of the bottom 3-4 teams in the conference left off your schedule, the games become tougher.

They did against everyone other than Minnesota. There is a reason that was the worst season for Michigan since 1962. If you don't think Michigan has been a bottom 3 team in the conference the last 2 years you have not been watching Big Ten football.

I remember watching that same Michigan team came back to beat #9 Wisconsin after falling behind 20 points in the second half. The Badger meltdown was classic. :) Wisconsin then fell from #9 to unranked and never recovered. Michigan finished 2-6. Last year Michigan was 1-7 but we did not play them.

It is a lucky thing for Michigan that they seem to be in teams like Minnesota and Wisconsin's heads, or these bad years would be even worse for them.

ranking the games in terms of difficulty easiest to hardest

South Dakota
Northern Illinois
@ Middle TN State
@Illinois
Northwestern
@Purdue
@Michigan State
Penn State
USC
Iowa
@Wisconsin
Ohio State

the third easiest game is against a 10 win team that returns almost every starter. That is perhaps the toughest schedule that a Big Ten team has faced the past 5 years if all those teams are as as good as expected.

I think Middle TN State will be tougher than Illinois and possibly Purdue depending on how good their reserves are to replace the injured players. MTSU will be legit this year and I don't like that the Gophs are playing them on the road early in the year.

Very well possible. Just tough for me to put Md TN state as a tougher game than a conference road game. I think MTSU would beat Illinois head to head, I think Illinois is more likely to beat the gophers.

Iowa is not a #5 team and Wisconsin is not a #9 team. Ohio State will be a #3 team if they actually live up to expectations, and I'll bet against that. Michigan has to be the biggest underperforming team in the country.

On SI,com they have an early preseason top 25. Gophers play five top 25 teams. #3 Ohio State, #5 Iowa, #9 Wisconsin, #14 Penn State, #20 USC.

I guess the brew couldn't find enough of a challenge playing Big 10 opponents....and a 'reasonable' non-conference schedule.

In an impressive display of his manhood, the brew said 'we need more of a challenge...bring on Southern Cal.' :rolleyes:

Well brew, in just over 4 months, you will see that Southern Cal has as much talent as Wisconsin, Iowa, and Penn State combined.

You wanted Southern Cal...you got 'em:eek:

Iowa is not a #5 team and Wisconsin is not a #9 team. Ohio State will be a #3 team if they actually live up to expectations, and I'll bet against that. Michigan has to be the biggest underperforming team in the country.

You are correct, Wisconsin is not a #9 team, they are probably a #5-8 team...:D

You are correct, Wisconsin is not a #9 team, they are probably a #5-8 team...:D

Neither team will be a top ten and will struggle to finish in the top 20.

gopherbadgerman will finish in the top 10 Major League Dumba$$ Poster Troll ranking, guaranteed. He might even get to go to a much antcipated BCS Bowel Game, too.

I agree that Iowa is ranked a bit high at 5 but I have little doubt they are around 10-12. Why will Iowa and Wisconsin struggle to finish in the top 20? Wisconsin returns everyone of note except O' Brien Schofield and Iowa returns McNutt, DJK, Robinson, Wegher, Hampton, Stanzi and 8 defensive starters.

gopherbadgerman will finish in the top 10 Major League Dumba$$ Poster Troll ranking, guaranteed. He might even get to go to a much antcipated BCS Bowel Game, too.

Just a joke my friend. Note the grinning face...sorry you got so worked up.

Top Bottom