Preseason AP Top 25

Cayman

Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings

#2 Michigan State
#7 Michigan
#11 Ohio State
#20 Wisconsin

Indiana and Iowa are also knocking on the door of the top 25 at #28 and #29 respectively. No votes for the Gophers. There is also a tie in this poll with both Syracuse and Oklahoma State being ranked #8. Iowa seems to be in a position very similar to where we were a year ago, should be interesting to see how they end up this year.

I have a hard time thinking that iowa will stay out of the top 25. They could be really good this year.

Im very curious to see how this version of the badgers plays.... seems like a really odd roster for Bo... could be really good or really bad...

Badgers won't be bad unless Dekker tears an ACL or something. I suspect they get off to a slow start though. Gasser apparently is not looking like his old self, kind of like Trevor's return from ACL surgery, he'll probably be getting back to 100% as conference play gets under way. They need a PF to step up as much as the Gophers, they are hoping it will be Hayes, but as everyone knows Bo doesn't like to feature freshman too often.

Man I hope we pound Bo Ryan. Over where I live everyone is talking up the badgers this year, and predicting a 9th or 10th place finish for the gophers. For some reason I can stomach the success of Badger football better than basketball. It is tied to Bo Ryan and his theatrics.

Man I hope we pound Bo Ryan. Over where I live everyone is talking up the badgers this year, and predicting a 9th or 10th place finish for the gophers. For some reason I can stomach the success of Badger football better than basketball. It is tied to Bo Ryan and his theatrics.

Like "how the grinch stole Christmas " esque theatrics ?

Where do you live, Wisconsin? I think they'll finish in the 4th-6th are of the big ten depending on is they find some help for Dekker and how their front court plays.

I think Iowa should be in the preseason top-25. I don't think Indiana should be in, though - they look like a classic NIT team. I think the top-5 of the Big Ten will be pretty clear this year - MSU, OSU, UM, UW and Iowa. Not sure if there will be another tournament team from the rest of the league.

I think Iowa should be in the preseason top-25. I don't think Indiana should be in, though - they look like a classic NIT team. I think the top-5 of the Big Ten will be pretty clear this year - MSU, OSU, UM, UW and Iowa. Not sure if there will be another tournament team from the rest of the league.

If the big ten only sends 5 teams to the dance I'll eat my shoe.

Where do you live, Wisconsin? I think they'll finish in the 4th-6th are of the big ten depending on is they find some help for Dekker and how their front court plays.

Yes about 25-30 minutes from Minnesota

If the big ten only sends 5 teams to the dance I'll eat my shoe.

Well, who else is going to make it if IU isn't going to go? Assume IU is NIT-bound and tell me who else is going to make it. I think the strength of the top-5, which is a pretty tough group and all top-25 caliber, is going to make it rough on the mid-tier teams to get many quality wins in conference play. So those mid-level teams are probably going to need at least one marquee nonconference win to get in and I'm skeptical that they will get what they need there.

Well, who else is going to make it if IU isn't going to go? Assume IU is NIT-bound and tell me who else is going to make it. I think the strength of the top-5, which is a pretty tough group and all top-25 caliber, is going to make it rough on the mid-tier teams to get many quality wins in conference play. So those mid-level teams are probably going to need at least one marquee nonconference win to get in and I'm skeptical that they will get what they need there.

There are always a number of unexpected upsets. I would be surprised if only 5 teams make it.

I would be very surprised if somebody from the second tier doesn't exceed expectations and get enough wins to make the tournament. (Illinois/Purdue/Minnesota/Northwestern) I'm also not sold that Indiana won't make the tournament.

When 68 teams make the field, the bar isn't real high.

I would be very surprised if somebody from the second tier doesn't exceed expectations and get enough wins to make the tournament. (Illinois/Purdue/Minnesota/Northwestern) I'm also not sold that Indiana won't make the tournament.

When 68 teams make the field, the bar isn't real high.

Totally agree. With 68 in the field you gotta take someone...

Top Bottom