Preseason AP Top 25 Poll.

Screen Shot 2024-08-12 at 4.46.26 PM.png
Nebraska, Wisconsin, and Iowa have writers willing to vote for them. Why can't the Gophers attract boosters of any type?

View attachment 32822
Nebraska, Wisconsin, and Iowa have writers willing to vote for them. Why can't the Gophers attract boosters of any type?
This has always separated Wisconsin and Iowa from us, they have reps and influence on the national (media) scene that inject them into the conversation in a way the Gophers don't. We are unknown to the vast majority of the country.

View attachment 32822
I think it's more like Kirk Ferentz has this group of fanboy writers that manage to stick Iowa in the 24th or 25th spot almost every year in the preseason poll. It's very similar to the group that every year wants NEB to return to glory and overrates them. However, Rhule will give them a better chance.

I think it's more like Kirk Ferentz has this group of fanboy writers that manage to stick Iowa in the 24th or 25th spot almost every year in the preseason poll. It's very similar to the group that every year wants NEB to return to glory and overrates them. . . .
Iowa has appeared in the final AP poll 5 of the last 6 years. The comparison to Nebraska seems off the mark.

I saw something like 28 out of the last 30 years a team not in the preseason top 25 has ended up in the top 10 at the end of the season. Let's do it.

View attachment 32822
Performance and history. The Gophers have finished in the AP poll 3 times in the last 50 years, and appeared in the AP preseason poll twice in the past 50 years. The 2 preseason appearances (2020, 2004) followed the last 2 AP final poll appearances (2019, 2003).

Performance and history. The Gophers have finished in the AP poll 3 times in the last 50 years, and appeared in the AP preseason poll twice in the past 50 years. The 2 preseason appearances (2020, 2004) followed the last 2 AP final poll appearances (2019, 2003).
Ouch!! When you put it like that I should be happy we are still in the Big Ten. Basketball, I'm guessing is worse, at least the last 25 years. Very sad ... 3 times in 50 years?! Not good!

This is now the 6th straight season that Texas A&M has been ranked in the preseason AP Poll. They have finished unranked 4 of the previous 5 times.

Colorado - 1 vote (SMH emoji)
NIL money buys them preseason Top 4!

Top Bottom