#15 Purdue
#25 Maryland

Others receiving votes:

#28 Florida State
#37 Ohio State
#42 Michigan
T-#48 Vanderbilt

http://collegebasketball.ap.org/poll

Gophers play 8 games against currently ranked teams (2 against Maryland, Michigan State, and Wisconsin), and a total of 13 games against teams receiving votes (2 against Ohio State), granted Vandy only had 1 vote..

Gophers at #97 in annual si.com preseason rankings

5 spots behind Nebraska, one spot behind East Tennessee State, one ahead of South Dakota State.

13th among B1G squads.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Maryland has no business being ranked. Sure Melo stayed, but they lost everyone from a star studed starting five that imploded. I bet they go 6-12 in conference. No reason we should lose to them in the barn and we may have a shot on the road

Maryland has no business being ranked. Sure Melo stayed, but they lost everyone from a star studed starting five that imploded. I bet they go 6-12 in conference. No reason we should lose to them in the barn and we may have a shot on the road

I don't think their bench guys were total scrubs though, and they brought in the composite #12 recruiting class for 2016. Plus their conference schedule is pretty easy. Their 2-plays are Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Rutgers, and Ohio State. Four of those are likely bottom half teams. Add one game apiece against Northwestern, Nebraska, and Rutgers, and that's 11 games against likely bottom half teams. They could get a winning conference record just by beating the teams they should beat. But having an easy schedule probably isn't what got them ranked in the preseason.

Top Bottom