Preparing for Rainy Tailgate

retrogoldy

Reaction score
So I am trying to make sure I am prepared for a rainy tailgate this weekend. Hope the weather changes but if not I want to make sure that I am prepared for a 6 hour tailgate in the rain.

I already have two tents and have the sides for one of the tents. The people we tailgate next to also have the sides for their tent. I am thinking about stoping at Dicks to see if they have any sides for the other tent just in case.

Just curious, other than a good rain jacket and some tents what are people doing to help stay a little more dry at your tailgate?

Hot Toddies or some sort of warm rum/cider drink would be good.
Good boots/socks to keep your feet dry.

Waterproof shoes...Think golf shoes or rubber shoe covers.

Under an Iowa girls poncho. That should give you that circus tent size cover that you're looking for.

Take a page from the Hungry Sailor's playbook and tailgate in a wet-suit.

I sure do miss H. Sailor. He was the best tailgater of all time.

I like the way you think!
Went to school in Oregon. Little rain=no prob. Hot coffee with enhancements+ cold beer and a raincoat and you are good to go.

I grew up going to Oregon State games in the bleak mid-80s through mid-90s days, plenty of which were in a steady rain. If you could sit through those games, you can sit through anything.

I grew up going to Oregon State games in the bleak mid-80s through mid-90s days, plenty of which were in a steady rain. If you could sit through those games, you can sit through anything.
That is for sure! I was there for the Joe Avezzano glory days LOL.

We will have tents, but bringing big roll of plastic and duct tape for who knows what. Probably extra clothes. But damnit, we are gonna do it.

I just plan to get so drunk that I forget what water is.

On a related note, I think that's a fantastic explanation as to why Iowegians fail to bathe with any sort of regularity.

Anyone know where they sell the tent sides (other than online)? I'm thinking about making a last second purchase for tomorrow.

Drinking! Oh, and a rain suit. As long as it isn't too cold it doesn't bother me. I was at the Gophers @ Northwestern game a few years back when it was raining so hard at times, it felt like we were being pelted by hail.

I thought I saw these at Mills Fleet farm.

Anyone know where they sell the tent sides (other than online)? I'm thinking about making a last second purchase for tomorrow.

You could try calling the Blaine or Brooklyn Park stores, I thought I saw these at one of these two stores.
Could be wrong, but that is where I thought I saw them.

Drinking! Oh, and a rain suit. As long as it isn't too cold it doesn't bother me. I was at the Gophers @ Northwestern game a few years back when it was raining so hard at times, it felt like we were being pelted by hail.

I can't remember if that was 2000 or 2001 think 2001, this could have been 1999 also. I remember the monsoon game at Northwestern but I was at that game also, I think Asad AAK was QB and or Cole would have played that year do to injury, must have been 2000. The QB kept throwing the sideline fade route over and over again when we could have just run the football and they would not have stopped it.
That game the rain was so hard it felt like you were sitting in the middle of a Monsoon from the Lake Effect rain from Lake Michigan, the rain actually hurt as it started to pelt you. There was no cover from the stands at halftime also as the rain just seemed like it picked up as the game went on.
That and they stadium security confiscated my Gopher flag because it was attached to a poll. I was so wet after that game that the maroon die in my jacket bleed in to my shirt and undershirt as well as jeans, draws and socks. Talk about being unprepared for rain, ending up throwing away the shoes and clothes and buying new clothes at Marshall Fields for the drive home at some mall outside of Chicago and a towel to sit on. Being a Metrodome rube it was only the third away game I had ever attended and we did not read the forecast prior to driving to Evanston.
Definately the absolute wettest game I have ever been at and the last time I will not prepare for the weather.

I can't remember if that was 2000 or 2001 think 2001, this could have been 1999 also. I remember the monsoon game at Northwestern but I was at that game also, I think Asad AAK was QB and or Cole would have played that year do to injury, must have been 2000. The QB kept throwing the sideline fade route over and over again when we could have just run the football and they would not have stopped it.
That game the rain was so hard it felt like you were sitting in the middle of a Monsoon from the Lake Effect rain from Lake Michigan, the rain actually hurt as it started to pelt you. There was no cover from the stands at halftime also as the rain just seemed like it picked up as the game went on.
That and they stadium security confiscated my Gopher flag because it was attached to a poll. I was so wet after that game that the maroon die in my jacket bleed in to my shirt and undershirt as well as jeans, draws and socks. Talk about being unprepared for rain, ending up throwing away the shoes and clothes and buying new clothes at Marshall Fields for the drive home at some mall outside of Chicago and a towel to sit on. Being a Metrodome rube it was only the third away game I had ever attended and we did not read the forecast prior to driving to Evanston.
Definately the absolute wettest game I have ever been at and the last time I will not prepare for the weather.

I was at that game. It was 2001.

17 points on 400 yards of offense.

AAK and Travis Cole combined to pass 10/34 for 143 yards with 3 picks.

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-footbl/stats/080411acb.html

I can't remember if that was 2000 or 2001 think 2001, this could have been 1999 also. I remember the monsoon game at Northwestern but I was at that game also, I think Asad AAK was QB and or Cole would have played that year do to injury, must have been 2000. The QB kept throwing the sideline fade route over and over again when we could have just run the football and they would not have stopped it. That game the rain was so hard it felt like you were sitting in the middle of a Monsoon from the Lake Effect rain from Lake Michigan, the rain actually hurt as it started to pelt you. There was no cover from the stands at halftime also as the rain just seemed like it picked up as the game went on. That and they stadium security confiscated my Gopher flag because it was attached to a poll. I was so wet after that game that the maroon die in my jacket bleed in to my shirt and undershirt as well as jeans, draws and socks. Talk about being unprepared for rain, ending up throwing away the shoes and clothes and buying new clothes at Marshall Fields for the drive home at some mall outside of Chicago and a towel to sit on. Being a Metrodome rube it was only the third away game I had ever attended and we did not read the forecast prior to driving to Evanston. Definately the absolute wettest game I have ever been at and the last time I will not prepare for the weather.

Sounds like a Calcutta Clipper. Swoops down, and out. Lake influence.

Top Bottom