Pregame for this Sat.

mnsports1

Reaction score
I am finally able to make it back home for my first game at TCF!!! I am bringing my wife, 4 year old son and 2 year old daughter. I also have tix for my 2 bros and their families and our parents (first timers all of them).

My brothers and I have had numerous tailgates for Viking games out here in MN east (WI) and I can do that anytime, I want to make this special for the numerous kids coming. I want to really make a "Gopher impression".

I have only heard about the victory walk and different band events and that is what I want to focus on this trip, really hooking the kids! Could you please list the when and where(s) of the marching band and other good family fun activities. I know there are numerous threads on this but I didn't want to look for them and piece them altogether.

I appreciate the help,

Go Gophers!

I am finally able to make it back home for my first game at TCF!!! I am bringing my wife, 4 year old son and 2 year old daughter. I also have tix for my 2 bros and their families and our parents (first timers all of them).

My brothers and I have had numerous tailgates for Viking games out here in MN east (WI) and I can do that anytime, I want to make this special for the numerous kids coming. I want to really make a "Gopher impression".

I have only heard about the victory walk and different band events and that is what I want to focus on this trip, really hooking the kids! Could you please list the when and where(s) of the marching band and other good family fun activities. I know there are numerous threads on this but I didn't want to look for them and piece them altogether.

I appreciate the help,

Go Gophers!

The poster called "GopherDrummer" would probably be a good resource to answer/provide tips regarding the band schedules through the morning/day. GopherDrummer, can you help him? I would also take a look at this link I included, as it may give you some of the when/where you wanted on the band and other pre-game scheduled activities. Look about half way down the page under gameday schedule. https://www.mygophersports.com/online/football-san-jose-state?utm_source=GopherSports&utm_medium=trending&utm_campaign=SJS

As far as family fun stuff, I will leave that to other posters to answer and help you out with. Most of our time at the Gopher games generally involves lots of "adult only" types of fun oriented more around tailgating that may not be what you are searching for with the numerous children coming along to the game with you.

Cheers and have fun! Go Gophers!

The poster called "GopherDrummer" would probably be a good resource to answer/provide tips regarding the band schedules through the morning/day. GopherDrummer, can you help him? I would also take a look at this link I included, as it may give you some of the when/where you wanted on the band and other pre-game scheduled activities. Look about half way down the page under gameday schedule. https://www.mygophersports.com/online/football-san-jose-state?utm_source=GopherSports&utm_medium=trending&utm_campaign=SJS

As far as family fun stuff, I will leave that to other posters to answer and help you out with. Most of our time at the Gopher games generally involves lots of "adult only" types of fun oriented more around tailgating that may not be what you are searching for with the numerous children coming along to the game with you.

Cheers and have fun! Go Gophers!

Sure, I can help. This is the schedule the band had last Saturday per their Facebook page. It is safe to assume the schedule this week would be similar since kickoff is once again at 11AM

6AM Rehearsal
8:30 AM Gopher Walk / Tailgate Bands
9:20 AM Inspection
9:40 AM March Over to Mariucci
9:50 AM Plaza Show
10:15 AM March Back
10:40 AM PREGAME Show (on the field)

The Band is pretty good about posting schedules and updates on their Facebook page. I would recommend looking that over in case there is a last minute change. https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-University-of-Minnesota-Marching-Band/31467674818

For an 11 a.m. kickoff, the band usually comes through the Ski U Mah lot around 9-9:30. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

It's not the entire band but they split into a few groups and hit up the lots.

I appreciate the help,

Go Gophers!

I think all the beer is in the big ugly tents in the "open" area. After that I'm not sure. Maybe see ya there!

I think all the beer is in the big ugly tents in the "open" area. After that I'm not sure. Maybe see ya there!

I suppose I will know it is you since you will be the only one wearing an "I Hate Jerry Kill and the Gophers" shirt.

I suppose I will know it is you since you will be the only one wearing an "I Hate Jerry Kill and the Gophers" shirt.

No, I'll actually probably say some prayers for him. Potentially super stressful game, so I'm hoping for the best for him health wise.

Nicely done. You may also recognize Gopher Warrior by the small children he is spitting on and the dogs he is kicking...it is well known that he hates Jerry kill, children and dogs.

Nicely done. You may also recognize Gopher Warrior by the small children he is spitting on and the dogs he is kicking...it is well known that he hates Jerry kill, children and dogs.

Hahaha! Nice! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Top Bottom