pregame bars/beer gardens

jaker404

Reaction score
Whats up guys,

I'm wondering if anyone can offer some advice on a good beer garden or outdoor tailgate around the stadium. I've heard that stub & Herbs and sally's both have gardens, but does anyone have good insight on which one is better or if there is a different place I should go??

Thanks!

Whats up guys,

I'm wondering if anyone can offer some advice on a good beer garden or outdoor tailgate around the stadium. I've heard that stub & Herbs and sally's both have gardens, but does anyone have good insight on which one is better or if there is a different place I should go??

Thanks!

I think Sally's is better than Stub & Herbs becasue at S&H they require you to buy tickets for your drinks, at least they were before the Air Force game. I hate being stuck with unused drink tickets. I prefer just paying cash. Plus Sall'ys has outdoor TV's and hotter waitresses.:)

talent

haha, thanks for the input. Obviously the talent of the waitresses is very important. Was sally's packed wall to wall or was there room to move?

haha, thanks for the input. Obviously the talent of the waitresses is very important. Was sally's packed wall to wall or was there room to move?

You can bet on both places being pretty crowded but there was still enough room to move around IMO. I dont like packed places and I didn't think it was too bad.

If you're wearing red though they have special little beer gardens for you. They're usually blue/greenish things. And they're segregated too. Plus I think the beverage is free!! But the dispenser is awkward so you should bring a ladle. If you have a hard time finding one just listen for someone whistling "somewhere over the rainbow" and they'll direct you to and assist you in ways you're obviously more comfortable with.

There's also an indoor beer garden at Campus Pizza. It's in the common area of the mall they're in. Full bar too!

I heard a rumor that Stub and Herbs wasn't having a beer garden due to some issues they had with minors last week...can anyone here confirm whether or not this is true?

Will check with Stub's in 2 hours on any issues there, but Campus Pizza would be a great place to be tomorrow morning, if you're not coming to the GLC tent party of course.

I've been going to Campus Pizza before all the games and the scrimmage. They have yet to disappoint. Great pizza, solid bloodys, and, of course, beer.

My pregame bar/beer garden is open all of Saturday, I open this week at 8 a.m. for "breakfast" and will remain open thru the entire game and also thru the Twins game. GO GOPHERS!!!! GO WHITE SOX!!! GO TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also heard that Stubs wont have beer sales at all the next two Saturday gamedays... punishment for getting popped 2 times for minors.

no offense, but i highly doubt that what you heard is accurate.

I suppose it depends on how often the City's alcohol control board (or whatever the name is of the committee that determines the liquor licensing). I know in Madison its usually a several month lag between the citations and the penalties so it seems fast to me too. But who knows? We'll find out tomorrow I guess.

Stubs will not be able to do a Beer Garden for the Wisc. game (Police did a sting during the busiest time before the Air Force Game)...but I believe they will have a beer garden for all remaining games. They will be open inside and on the deck and will have full beer and liquor for sale.

Top Bottom