Predictions for Purdue vs. Wisconsin on Saturday?

restovich

Reaction score
Anyone else care to chime in on this thread? I guess I predict Wisconsin will pull Purdue back down to earth, and win by a score of like 23-21. As a Gopher fan, I could wish that both teams lose......

this season in the B1G is so screwy that I honestly don't think you can predict anything.

How can anyone know from week to week which team is going to show up and which team is going to poop the bed?

There is another thread about the B1G West going on about "if this team runs the table" or "if that team runs the table....."

If I was in Vegas, I would be tempted to make a prop bet that nobody is going to run the table, just because there is no consistency from week to week.

Iowa looks great - Iowa looks terrible. Purdue looks great - Purdue looks terrible. And on and on and on.....

it's interesting - but it's also confusing.

I am predicting a Purdue win if they can keep focused (college kids are really tricky). Their d-line will give WI problems and since they depend on the pass to move the ball I believe they will score more than WI can score against them. While WI's front 7 are incredible they have been vulnerable to the pass if they can't get pressure.

I think Purdue in a fairly close game one score game.

Purdue is a tough matchup for WI. They can stop the run and they don't need to run on WI to win. That said, I think WI is the better team and wins. 24-10.

This is a must win game for Wisconsin as far as the West is concerned. If they lose to Purdue they would then need Purdue to drop 3 of their final 5 games while Wisconsin would be forced to win out. That would be a pretty daunting task.

I am glad I am not a gambler because I don't know how anyone bets on these games. It is so tough to get a read on any of the teams in the West right now. Take Purdue, they barely get by Illinois, lose to us and then turnaround and blow out Iowa.

I think Purdue air attack finds a way to put points up against Wisconsin. 21 point range, provided Bell plays the entire game at WR. Purdue’s defense is good (unusual for them)—and holds Wisconsin to 14 or 17. Never thought I’d say this (in the 21st Century) but I kind of like Purdue to beat Wisconsin. Don’t care where Vegas places the odds.

27-14 Purdue. Wisconsin offense is not good, and this is probably the best defense Brohm has had at Purdue. O’Connell has to be feeling good after throwing it all over the place the last two games.

I don't know how anyone bets on these games.
Sometimes, when a man and woman love a bookie, they share a special hug. After exchanging money, they nervously wait for the results. And that’s how I met your mother.

My understanding is Purdue's passing game is pretty good, Wisconsin's defense is good, but their secondary is their weakness, and Wisconsin's offense is bad. Game is in West Lafayette, so probably one of Purdue's best chances to beat Wisconsin in quite some time. Purdue hasn't beaten Wisconsin since 2003.

I'm pulling for a Purdue win. Schedule wise I think Purdue has a tougher road left (MSU, OSU...) than Wisconsin does. So from our standpoint another loss for Wisconsin pretty much takes them out of the race for the most part.

None of that matters if we don't take care of business on our end but assuming we do, it would seem like Wisconsin being out of the way entirely is the best thing for us since we have the head to head with Purdue.

It's at Purdue. Weather will be nice. I'm picking Purdue in a close low scoring affair.

That said, Whiskey wins if they can get 2 turnovers.

If Purdue wins - I guess it would make it so that we would want WI to beat IA the following week for standings perspective? If WI beats Purdue, I don’t think we prefer either really?

Serious question - Has WI scored 30 this year?
Yes, got 34 against Eastern Michigan, outside of that game though they have struggled to score points against anyone not named Illinois. They even had trouble getting to 20 against Army. Their offense has really struggled and if you can make Mertz have to beat you with his arm you have a great shot of beating them as Mertz basically has one great game last year and a whole bunch of mediocre to bad games since then.

Purdue 31
Wisconsin 13

Purdue takes advantage of the Badgers back 7, Mertz throws a couple picks, Chaz Mellusi hangs up his cleats at halftime and the Boilermakers cruise.

Yes, got 34 against Eastern Michigan, outside of that game though they have struggled to score points against anyone not named Illinois. They even had trouble getting to 20 against Army. Their offense has really struggled and if you can make Mertz have to beat you with his arm you have a great shot of beating them as Mertz basically has one great game last year and a whole bunch of mediocre to bad games since then.
big ten network still had Mertz in top 10 of overall best players when they did countdown. It was insane, he's not even in Wisconsin's 10 best players much less the b1g

I'll go Purdue 24- Wisconsin 20, trust the Purdue offense to make a couple of more plays than Wisconsin. If the Purdue oline can hold up against the Wisconsin front seven, they could have themselves a day

Top Bottom