Prediction on fate of players?

See the thread I started. Gopher Alum are going to continue the boycott and provide resources to the accused players. This fight has only just begun...even if players transfer out to other schools.

Stupid people will do stupid things. Prime example.

Why would he even need to give a statement? We're these students advised they have the right to speak with an attorney prior to questioning? Not answer questions? I'm guessing no.

I don't know the answer. I would be shocked if they weren't all represented by attorneys when they agreed to be interviewed. It may be that players who weren't in the apartment didn't think they needed an attorney.

Stupid people will do stupid things. Prime example.

You keep saying stuff like this. Why are you so against each of the players getting a fair hearing. What some of them did is disgusting, yet others were not even there. Whether that is one individual or four, I don't really know. However, I think they should have the opportunity to be heard. Why are you casting all 10 of them as rapists?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See the thread I started. Gopher Alum are going to continue the boycott and provide resources to the accused players. This fight has only just begun...even if players transfer out to other schools.

How are the accused players going to fight it if they transfer to different schools? If they don't show up at the hearings then they are not fighting it. The alumni can do whatever they want but my point was how many of the accused will actually stay and fight for what they say they so vehemently believe in? If they feel so passionate about this and are so confident I would fully expect all 10 players to show up and fight this tooth and nail, but I'm guessing since at least 4 or 5 of them know what they did was wrong they won't have the guts, conviction, or intelligence to fight it. Maybe I'm wrong, we'll see.

Can there be a place for remorse and a pledge to work towards redemption in the final outcome?

Not for the borderline rapists, they already received their break by not facing legal charges.

But, for the lesser offenders, can there be something they could offer to show they want to rehabilitate themselves?

The 5 directly involved will likely (and should be) be expelled. The other 5, especially those that weren't there, hopefully missing the bowl game is the end of it.

Top Bottom