Prediction for the first offensive play of the game vs. UNLV:

The annexation of Puerto Rico

Ill say block in the back on the punt/kick return followed by a 6 yard gain by Kirkwood up the middle to the 17 yard line.

I hope its anything but a trick play. I want our message to be "we are a better team, and we can hammer you by just sticking with our bread and butter and executing".

If 40 years means anything....bad snap to Nelson out of the shotgun, over his shoulder, he falls on it for a UNLV safety.....crowd groans 'here we go again'

The optimist in me says....we line up 4 WR's (not all Wr's but Wr formation), motion into our favorite Golden-I formation, Kirkland takes it right side, runs over 3 defenders for a 30+ yard run.

I thought Kirkland left the team when Dave Lee left.:confused:

I just spoke to A J Baker's Mom's best friend. She said it will have to be a run because all the wide receivers are leaving. We'll hear about it early next week on Facebook.

The first offensive play will be an extra point try after Hageman hits the UNLV QB so hard that the ball flies back 20 yards into the end zone and Aaron Hill jumps on it for a touchdown.

QB draw with Nelson going up the gut then juking the MLB for 11 yards. "AND THAT'S ANOTHER GOLDEN GOPHER....!!!!!"

QB draw with Nelson going up the gut then juking the MLB for 11 yards. "AND THAT'S ANOTHER GOLDEN GOPHER....!!!!!"

Que heated debate about how great/dumb that chant is in 5...4...3...2...1...

Speaking of Hail Mary...I will never forget when #2Mich State played #1Notre Dame on Thanksgiving Day in (I think) 1968. A Michigan State sign, held by a student, said: "Hail Mary, full of Grace. Notre Dame's in Second Place".

The game ended in a tie, as ND Coach (the great Ara Parseghian) settled for the tie instead of going for the win, and ND ended up rated #1 and MSU #2.

One of the best football games ever televised nationwide.

The Record will show the game was in 1966. Michigan State had been Number 1 at the end of the 1965 Season. They took on a lightly regarded UCLA team. The Bruins scored after a Michigan State muffed punt on Michigan State's 5 yard line. 7-0 Bruins. Coach Tommy Protho used an on side kick, and Gary Beban hit on a pass to the 1. 14-0 Bruins. Michigan State scored and went for 2 and failed. 14-6. And in the closing minute the scored again and went for two. A full back sweep with Bob Apisa looked good, but a 145 pound safety threw himself at Apisa and he fell short. 14-12 in one of the biggest upsets in College Football.

Que heated debate about how great/dumb that chant is in 5...4...3...2...1...

Thanks Jeshurun...this thread was almost 3 pages of on topic conversation. Hopefully my comment does not sway the conversation.

Just to be different, off guard run to Rowdy Roderick Williams for a gain of 35.

UNLV miss handles the snap for a fumble that they recover, setting the tone for their game.

A Trap play off left guard to Kirkwood for a gain of 13, this play sets the tone for the game as the Gophers are too physical up front for UNLV to handle leading to the first Gopher victory of 2013.

Prediction? Pain

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/lSPNQ82Sq4E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The obvious prediction would be for a simple Kirkwood run, but I have a hunch that they'll play action into a short yardage completion to try and boost the confidence of Nelson. I'll say a 5 yard completion to Goodger.

I predict a surprise start by our new speedster, up the gut for a big gain. Our O-line will open a hole big enough for a dump truck.

Well, my prediction from the OP appears to be in jeopardy.

UNLV will be amped up. Play action bootleg pass to the TE.

UNLV will wish they were not there. Play action pass to TE for 27 yards. Halftime: Minnesota 31, UNLV 3.

Dave Lee was far from perfect - but uttering "Kirkland" was not one of his gaffes.

Wrong! Not a big deal but he most certainly did. After he did it there were a lot of jokes about this and Costco's Kirkland brand.

zone read is what the play will be. handing the ball to kirkwood.. but i would like to see the zone read play action hitting harbison or who ever it is in the slot for an inside slant picking up 16 yards as he breaks a tackle on way to a 5 play 57 yard drive and a touchdown..and no i havent seen this in my dreams or anything,, oh wait....

Wrong! Not a big deal but he most certainly did. After he did it there were a lot of jokes about this and Costco's Kirkland brand.

Well, no. It was whatever horrible TV crew we had for the Middle Tennessee Game.

I bet the most common answer on here is right. kirkwood up the gut.

Top Bottom